“50/50 chance” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 47 Restaurants in Red Wing
Red Wing, Minnesota
“50/50 chance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I used to eat here quite a bit but quickly realized the food all taste the same, and all dishes look the same, slopped on the plate. The meals I would recommend are the chimichanga and fajitas. These are the ones I find not to be liquidy and soupy. I like the free chips and salsa and the strawberry daiquiri.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Red Wing, Minnesota, United States
“Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I enjoy eating at Fiesta Mexicana regularly with friends and family. I have attended many birthday celebrations. There is a wide variety of dishes that are very tasty, the traditional libations are excellent, and the staff service friendliness is excellent in my opinion.

Visited August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very good food and nice Mexican ambiance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We just had dinner the other night here while spending the evening in Red Wing. We thought the food and service were great. Our waiter was very friendly, we had a chance to talk about Mexico as we travel to Mexico a couple times or more a year. It was fun speaking Spanish, there aren't too many restaurants in Minnesota you get to do that in.

I had the chicken fajitas $12.95 - they were great, hubby had chicken enchiladas, they were great too. We added hot sauce and salsa to kick it up a notch!!!

The restaurant was very nicely decorated and clean.

We enjoyed the chips and salsa too.

We will return to eat here again when in Red Wing.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“darn good inexpensive tex mex food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Popular place. I had the seafood burrito and wow. It came with refried beans, rice and salad and it was quite a burrito. Not a great beer selection but the wine was pretty darn good and at a good price. Nice Mexican ambiance. I would go back again most definitely.

Visited July 2012
Lakeville, Minnesota
“"But that's the way we make it"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Driving thru Red Wing MN after a day trip to the Eagle cam in Decorah IA and thought the Fiesta Mexicana looked inviting for dinner and there were quite a few cars in their lot for a Tuesday evening. The interior is very nicely decorated, very clean, and the menu extensive. We have traveled extensively and eaten at many Mexican establishments and are very familiar with Mexican menus a the preparation of most dishes.

My wife ordered a dish that began a trip down a slippery slope that could have been made into a film for customer service training. The waitress indicated she did not know what the dish was? and then later said "I should have warned you" The chicken dish can best be described as fresh chicken strips served in a red liquid base? My wife told the waitress it did not seem correct and the manager appeared, immediately stating " but that's the way we make it " My wife indicated she could not eat it with a fork because of the liquid nature of the meal! The manager left and returned with a spoon! My wife waited to see if they would ask her if she wanted something else. They didn't. At this point she did not feel like she could eat the meal and asked the waitress to remove it. When the waitress confirmed that we would be paying for it. a $9.50 meal, I asked for it to be placed in a soup take out container thinking we could salvage the chicken for the pets. When the Manager returned with it, he again repeated for the third or fourth time, " but that's the way we make it" .At this point, I asked him to take it away and remove it form the dinner bill. He mumbled about getting in trouble and begain his ,"but that's the way we make it." He seemingly relunctantly removed the charge. The waitress, while apologizing, said not to order it the next time. There will be no next time.

As to other comments regarding bland, I would agree, no matter how much of the table sauces or salt and pepper, I applied, I could not get any taste out of the tres enchiladas.

• Visited March 2012