“Lots of character, good amenities, good price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pratt-Taber Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Wing
Pratt-Taber Inn
You added Pratt-Taber Inn to your Saves list
706 W Fourth St, Red Wing, MN 55066   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Red Wing B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Eagan, Minnesota
“Lots of character, good amenities, good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our one-night getaway from the Twin Cities at the Pratt-Taber Inn. The place is oozing character, the food is quite good, and Debra gave us a warm welcome. The restoration work on the house takes you right back to the Victorian era, and yet still has plenty of modern amenities. Very comfortable bed. For all this, it's amazing it's not more expensive.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were greeted at the door by Deb and her precious ragdoll cat Max. The Inn was decorated beautifully for fall, my favorite time of the year. You can see the love and care Deb has spent on the beautiful Pratt-Taber Inn, she loves to share the history with you. My husband and I chose the spring room which faces the front street, we loved hearing the old church bells ringing near by. Breakfast was amazing, especially the homemade apple pie, with homemade pie crust and I cherished having Deb sit and visit with our group for breakfast. I hope you take time to visit Deb and enjoy her beautiful restored B&B sometime soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Des Moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was our first BB experience as a couple and Debra, the inn keeper was a great host. We stayed in the winter room whch was bright, cool and very roomy. Debra has the entire home decorated with the right amount of stuff, that compliments this historic home. Our arrival in the afternoon began with a simple and delicious wine and crackers reception. Debra is a good listener. When I mentioned I used a CPATH sleep machine she later offered me a jug of distilled water. Debra had several dinner suggestions and even had a few menus for some local favorites. Don't miss a visit to Memorial Park on East 7th for a sunset view from the bluff there. Once you get to the top of this bluff, the view of the Mississippi river valley adjacent to Red Wing is most impressive. The inn is within walking distance of downtown, and is on a quiet street.

Appleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights in the spring room (rooms are called spring, summer, fall and winter, all upstairs accessed by a beautiful flight of stairs.) We found our room to be bright and cheerful with lots of storage, three comfy chairs, three tall windows and beautifully decorated. If you are physically limited, though, I suggest you reserve the room with a walk in shower (winter, I think), since this room has the tub with shower. The bed was delightfully comfortable with wonderful linens. We spent quite a bit of time on the front porch as well as the screened-in side porch. Around 5pm Deb served us wine, cheese and crackers. Also upstairs, there were brownies, nut mix, soda and water. Coffee was also available upstairs in the morning. The breakfasts were wonderful and served at a beautiful table with candles. The inn is close to downtown, so we were able to walk and Deb has menus for the restaurants. Deb is delightful and fun to talk too. It was so interesting to hear how and when she acquired the house. There are a few repairs needed, but one would expect this in a house of this age. It is beautifully decorated and one instantly can see the tender loving care it has received. Red Wing is a nice town to stroll through, although like lots of others, there are some empty stores. I recommend this inn, especially if you like the feel of an older home and want to feel pampered.

Room Tip: If you like a bright room, I suggest the spring room. All the rooms are nice though.
st paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife and I booked an overnight stay in the Summer Room. The room was clean, bright, and cute with a nice sized bathroom and an amazingly comfortable bed! Deb makes a tasty breakfast and Max (the biggest house cat we've ever met!) was very friendly. We will definitely go back to the Pratt-Taber Inn.
Thank you Deb!!
Remy and Kevin

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We loved everything about our stay at the Pratt-Taber Inn. The hospitality shown by Deb (and of course, Max) was exceptional. My husband and I were staying here for a few days of rest and relaxation after our wedding. The home itself as been lovingly renovated with many of its original details. The little touches all throughout the home were great, and our room (the Spring or Printemps room) was perfect. A small sitting area, big comfy bed, and a great bathroom (with a shower might I add) made for the perfect place to lay our heads and read our books.

The best part of our stay, however? Breakfast. How amazing is it that such a great meal is included in the price of your stay? We had frittatas and omelets, french toast and granola parfaits, and of course, panna cotta with balsamic and strawberries. FOR BREAKFAST. Yes, seriously, it was all perfection. Deb was kind enough to bring fresh coffee upstairs every morning before breakfast, which was a really nice touch. There was also a fridge upstairs where we could help ourselves to water and soda. The brownies we were greeted with upon returning from dinner one evening didn't hurt either :-)

Thank you to Deb and Max for such a wonderful experience, we can't wait to come stay at the Pratt-Taber Inn again!

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Deb and Max (the ragdoll cat) seemed like part of our family by the time we left 3 days later. The inn was a beautiful piece of history and Deb's breakfast in the morning was over the top delicious.

We recommend this B&B to all that travel to the lovely town of Red wing. Thanks Deb & Max. We will never forget you.

Sandi Lewis
Omaha, NE

Room Tip: We choose the Winter room so we could have the king-size bed.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pratt-Taber Inn? Share your experiences!