“Getting my silverplate out of the closet!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pratt-Taber Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Wing
Pratt-Taber Inn
You added Pratt-Taber Inn to your Saves list
706 W Fourth St, Red Wing, MN 55066   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Red Wing B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Getting my silverplate out of the closet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

April 30, 2012

You have inspired me to get my silverplate out of the drawer and begin using it again. We so enjoyed all your antique filled rooms and the tour of "things to come." Coffee, breakfast, and treats were delicious. Appreciated the lovely linens and the trip back in time. Don and I will be back. May even plan a girlfriend trip in the fall! Best of luck in your new renovation project.

Kay & Don

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Grand Rapids MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Deb made us feel more than welcome from the first greeting through our final goodbyes the next morning. Sharing a glass of wine she served with cheese and crackers, we learned about the house's history, her renovation, and got dinner recommendations. We met her delightful cat Max, who resembles a persian sheep rug. Deb's breakfast is way, way beyond anything we have had for many years at similar establishments--the very best french toast served with real maple syrup, superb mixed fruit, whipped cream, smoked bacon done to perfection, apple turkey sausages, great coffee and juice, all in quantity. Vintage woodwork and antiques melded with modern tile shower and good beds and linens, all in a quiet, quaint neighborhood in one of Minnesota's top tourism destinations!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My first time with a B & B inn was one of the best experiences of my life. The atmosphere of Pratt-Taber was totally charming. The decor, from the living and dining room, to the bedroom was outstanding. The bed was so comfortable that I sank in it and had a hard time getting up so I could go to dinner! And the brownies! Yum! The only thing that beat that was the breakfast that I had in the morning. My only disappointment was that I forgot to take the last brownie from the tray when I left. Thanks Deb for a wonderful visit! You made me feel like I was leaving a friend's house. I'll be back again. Oct.?

Room Tip: I stayed In the Winter room which had a King size bed that could convert to 2 beds and had a blue de...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We only stayed at the Pratt-Taber for one night but would have loved to stay longer. Deb is an outstanding host and welcomed us warmly, suggesting places to dine and answering questions about her home. Breakfast was delicious. I can't imagine how we could have had a better time and plan to return.

Room Tip: All are lovely.
RAMSEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was looking for a get-away oozing with charm and a friendly atmosphere to take my cute little wife. We were very fortunate to pick the Pratt Taber Inn in Red Wing. Our hostess Deb was very gracious and has an infectious laugh. She made us feel right at home in her beautiful inn. We were just a few blocks from downtown Red Wing and enjoyed the renovated theater, the little shops and sounds of church bells every hour on the hour. It is a bit like a Norman Rockwell painting come to life. Highly recommened. Jim Moldenhauer, Ramsey, Minnesota.

Room Tip: The Autumn Room at Pratt Taber was beautiful, felt like had traveled back in time.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This was my first visit to a B & B and I must say, Deb has set the bar extremely high. The craftsmanship of the Inn and it's decor is absolutely stunning. Warm brownies outside your room at night, to a pot of coffee waiting the next morning. Deb is/has herself a real gem with this Inn and I look forward to returning.
This is definitely a must see/stay in Minnesota.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed with Deb at the Pratt-Taber for our anniversary. We have stayed in other B&Bs and this stay had to be one of our best. The house is tastefully renovated without losing the character of the period. Deb is a wonderful innkeeper and host. She made it feel like we came home. The next time we are in Redwing, we will stay here no question.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Spring Room. I especially loved hearing the church bells from down the street.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pratt-Taber Inn? Share your experiences!