“So glad its back!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mystic Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 29 Restaurants in Prior Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: A free shuttle bus is available from multiple locations across the Twin Cities, directly to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel. Visit mysticlake.com for more information.
Description: Savory steaks and the freshest seafood are on the menu at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel’s Mystic Steakhouse. Traditional steakhouse prices are not. Meat lovers will delight in the several mouth-watering steakhouse entrées, including filet mignon, New York strip, bone-in pork chop, brick-oven… chicken and roasted lamb chops. Seafood fans will savor offerings that include lobster tails, king crab legs, grilled Norwegian salmon and jumbo diver sea scallops. For those who don’t want to decide, combination plates offer the perfect portions from land and sea. Whatever you choose, complement your meal with a full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon, an ice-cold beer, or an after-dinner cocktail. And don’t forget to save room for one of the many delectable desserts made in Mystic Lake’s own pastry kitchen, including Chocolate Decadence Mousse Torte, Almond Cheesecake and Tiramisù. Mystic Lake® is located 25 minutes south of Minneapolis in Prior Lake.
Shakopee, Minnesota
“So glad its back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

So glad to have this place back! If you can skip the gambling on the way in or out, this steakhouse is just as good as Manny's or Murray's for half the cost! The quality of food is much better than the Italian restaurant they tried out. (It's hard to have a steak without wine, what were they thinking with an Italian venue without wine.) Anyway, we love coming here for dinner and their Bearnaise sauce is the best we can find.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Duluth, Minnesota
“Delicious Italian Fare at Reasonable Prices.....no Vino, But Wonderful All The Same!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My family and I visited Il Premio at Mystic Lake Hotel in Prior Lake, MN at the end of June in 2011. We had reservations for four and arrived on time. For some reason, we were not seated promptly and waited for a length of time without explanation. However, once we were seated, it was all good.
We were observing my husband's birthday. We shared a flatbread appetizer which was super tasty. I had the ribeye, which has always been fabulous. Our children had an amazing chicken alfredo, and my husband had a lobster pasta dish. The atmosphere is elegant, modern and not too fussy, the service was fabulous too.
We often stay at Mystic Lake even though we live in the city close to the casino. Il Premio is simply another successful and tasteful service branch of Mystic Lake. They do everything with class and finesse. We love the hotel accommodations, the gaming, the buffet and other food outlets, and now, Il Premio. I am in a culinary school in the area, and we had the privilege of a tour of the food service operations at Mystic. Everything is made from scratch and held to extremely high standards. It is super-impressive. They are so on their game in every way. Il Premio is simply another fine example of a wonderful dining experience. Try it - you will love it!
The only thing "missing" from this Italian restaurant, and glaringly so, is wine. Mystic is an alcohol-free property, which is partially why they may retain such a beautifully kept property. Whether this will change ever or not doesn't matter to the people who visit Mystic. They attracted many people on a daily basis, and certainly on weekends. HINT: go on a weekday if you like things quieter. Make it an overnight visit to enjoy all they have to offer. Top notch!

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pleasantly surprised with the food quality and pricing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I frequent Mystic Lake but when I eat there I generally hit the buffet because it has a nice variety and decent food (good food is you consider it is a buffet). I had seen Il Premio multiple times and had never tried it. I had, however, tried Ribbons - which was their previous restaurant before Il Premio and that was OK. One day, the buffet was really busy and I didn't want to deal with the crowd so I stumbled in here to grab dinner and I was happy I did. I order the gorgonzola crusted filet mignon which was priced very fair at roughly $20.00/plate and it was delicious! It was perfectly cooked (Med-Rare) how I ordered it and was extremely tender, very quality piece of meat. I know it was a filet but I've had many in my life and this one was the real deal. I'm not sure of anything else on the menu because I only order that when I return. I can't speak for the rest of the food but if you enjoy a good steak and want steakhouse quality for a fair price then this place is worth a try.

Visited July 2011
South Dakota
“Calm in the Casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We went to Il Premio because we had a promotional coupon-buy one entree, get 2nd for half price. Not having been there before we had no idea of what to expect. We signed up for Club Mystic and walked around the hundreds of video machines looking for the restaurant. Smoking is allowed but I didn't find it to be a problem. They must have a good ventilation system because I've smelled stronger cigarette odors outdoors. We walked past a section of wall proclaiming Il Premio to be under contruction with arrows pointing the way to go. The restaurant was not affected by the construction, and we walked right in with our reservation and were seated. Our server showed up after about 3-4 minutes and we ordered the small filet, baked potato and house salad. The salad was a variety of greens, julienned carrots, olives topped with parmesan cheese. The entrees showed up promptly and were done as requested with a crunchy crust and topped with a garlicky herb butter. The potato was not the expected 1-1/2 lb baker but a smaller version more appropriate to our appetites. The loaf of house bread was offered with plenty of whipped butter. The most surprising aspect of our meal was the fact that we were completely insulated from the surrounding noise of the casino. Our server was not overly attentive but when freshening our beverages, they were replaced-not refilled. This was a birthday meal for my girlfriend and we both felt it was a great meal and very good experience. Worth a return trip for other celebrations.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Back to the drawing board”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Went here last night. Wish I hadn't.

Basically, this is a place that tries very hard to be upscale, but doesn't have the staff or food to pull it off.

We were seated right away, the place was about 1/4 full. It was several minutes before the waitress showed up. I didn't appreciate being made to wait like that, not when the place was empty. I noticed other issues with staff as the evening progressed. Because it was fairly low key due to just a few patrons, every time the staff would walk about the place loudly chatting and stopping to break into laughter and yell to each other was extremely irritating. If this place is trying to present itself as upscale, rowdy staff doesn't work. Applebee's, no prob...upscale wannabe...big prob.

The bread that comes out is the same as the dinner rolls in the buffet, except a little crispier outside and longer. I was completely turned off by this. It came with butter too. Come on they can do better, plain white bread with plain butter. Yay.
Salad is drowned in dressing.
I could disregard this kind of stuff if the rest of dinner was great. But it wasn't.

I ordered lasagna. My gf got a pizza.
OK, when I got my lasagna, it looked fine, but when I started eating it...I swear it was microwaved. Parts were lukewarm, parts were volcano hot. I've nuked enough things to recognize it. It tasted OK and thats the nicest thing I can say about it, although I don't particularly care for the sausage they put in it. If I was at Davanni's I wouldn't care if it was nuked, I would expect it, but not at a place like this. Nono...
My gf ate one piece of pizza and decided the bread and salad were better so she ate more of that. Not a ringing endorsement to say the least.

My gf went here when they first opened last year. Back when they had an extensive menu and a chef who cared. She thought it was phenomenal back then. She was shocked and disappointed at how far they have stepped back.
As for me, I think the place is a joke. You look at the place and think hey looks nice should be a high quality place and in reality they could barely compete with Olive Garden. Several months ago Mystic Lake apparently decided to greatly scale back the ambition and quality of the food here and for all intents and purposes ruined what Il Premio was marketed as when they opened it. As an Italian restaurant this place is mediocre and as a steak house this place is grossly overpriced. If you want to see a great casino steak house, there is one up North on 169, right on Mille Lacs lake. These guys should take a lesson.

IF this place tried to be like Olive Garden, it wouldn't suck so bad. But since this place tries to pass itself off as an upscale trendy fancypants joint, it is a fail. They need to train their staff to act professionally, and improve the food. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Go to the mediocre buffet at Mystic and get a cheaper more filling meal.

• Visited September 2011