“Friendly service, but terrible smokey!” 3 of 5 stars

Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
2400 Mystic Lake Blvd, Prior Lake, MN 55372   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Prior Lake
rock valley, iowa
“Friendly service, but terrible smokey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed at Mystic Lake on February 19, 2011. I was there for a NETA Fit Fest which was held in the Dakotah Sports Complex right by Mystic Lake. I was scheduled to stay 2 nights but due to an ice/snowstorm had to check out a day early. They were very accomadating and friendly and let me check out late, due to the fact my classes weren't going to be done on time and my 3 daughters were staying in the hotel with me, letting me have a late checkout so my girls could have a place to hang out. The shuttle service was awesome to and from the Dakotah club. We didn't eat in any restaurants or do any gambling while we were there. The only thing I didn't understand was you could not have any liquor on the hotel grounds but it was soooooo smokey inside as it was not a smoke free environment, only liquor free?? I would stay again if I was going to be going to another FIT Fest. but prolly would not spend the money to stay here for any other reason. I would prolly stay closer to the cities where there is more entertainment and shopping near by. The rooms were nice, my girls enjoyed the pool area also. The valet parking was also a big plus!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

I have stayed at the Mystic Lake Casino Hotel several times, always for a mini getaway with the family. If you get on their e-letter list, you will be emailed special deals monthly. Each month, excluding summer months, special packages are offered for Sunday through Thursday. These are terrific deals, with vouchers for ten dollars off food at the restaurant, ten dollars worth of gambling, etc. The hotel is always clean, the staff are always efficient and pleasant, rooms are always pleasant and well maintained. There is an up-to-date workout room and nice pool and hot tub in the hotel as well as a larger fitness center available by shuttle. It's an easy drive and parking is ample. I personally like that there is no drinking and friendly security personnel ask to see your room key before you cross into the lodging wing. There are never loud parties, and halls are always quiet and safe.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I was in MSP for the weekend,a nd got a ticket to see the Don Rickles show at the Mystic lake Casino Hotel and decided to stay there for the evening. It looked like your typical rural casino as I drove in, decent lobby...check-in was fast...and then when I got off the elevator onto my floor...I saw it. No alcohol sign! I have been to casinos all around the country and around the world, and I have never, ever seen one that is 100% dry....anywhere. I could not believe it, and there is no mention of it on their website when I booked the room and bought the tickets to the show. Who runs a casino that doesn't even serve beer? The front desk gave me some lame stupid excuse about how they don't serve alcohol due tot he effects that it has had on the Indian community. I am familiar with this statement, but why then does every other Indian casino in the country sell booze? Since when do the Souix have the monopoly on piousness? This made me even angrier when 90% of the people in the casino were smoking cigarettes....they boasted of this fine Italian restaurant, but you couldn't even buy a glass of wine there. UGH! The so-called modern rooms were anythign but....one towel...and they had freaking rubber sheets on the bed! Totally unacceptable, and I couldn't wait to get out of the place. if you are both a teetotaler and over the age of 70, than this is your place....if not, than avoid it like the plague. Not convenient to anything at all in the MSP area, either! Horrible...and not even that clean or nice....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Prior Lake hotels

Watertown, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Afrer a night of gambling, sleeping in, what a surprise to go in the bathtoom and find an uninvited guest............A BIG COCKROACH HANGING ON THE SHOWER CURTAIN!
Bathroom light had been until 8:30 AM; after 30 minutes of darkness, our uninvited guest made his appearance. We were able to capture it in a glass with a cover, so we had our proof. Housekeeping manager was excellent with apologies; we got a different room immediately and given $10.00 per person in coupons. We asked if that was the best they could do---we got another $10.00 for a grand total of $30.00 in coupons. The bellboy said this has happened before. Please check your room carefully and remember, COCKROACHES DO NOT COME OUT WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE ON............ONLY WHEN IT IS DARK!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

I'm here on business. I don't gamble I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't play golf. For someone like me this place is a total bust. I like to have a cigar some times. I thought since the place is blue with cigarette smoke that they would have cigars in the "tobacco shop". There I was told "NO CIGARS ALLOWED on the property!". What the heck!

Then, on top of that, I like to have a drink, but alcohol is not allowed, even in your private room! I never heard of such a thing.
I gave a 3/5 for value because our business group got a rate of $70 per night. That's about right for what you get IMO.
I would ONLY recommend this to a gambler who doesn't mind worse odds than Vegas who doesn't drink (but doesn't mind clothes and hotel room smelling like cigarette smoke) but maybe does play golf (the golf course looks nice - but it's lost on me, Like Mark Twain, I say golf is a good walk spoiled).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

Here for a a business convention. The rooms are a good size, modernly decorated, good lighting and very clean. Affordable mid week rates. Check in was a bit slow. (There were only 2 people ahead of me in line and it took be 30 minutes to get checked in.) I was there for business so didn't even go into the casino but one thing I thought odd was that you could smoke on some areas of the premises but the hotel and casino are both completly dry. They do not serve, nor are you suppose to have alcohol on the premises at all. For some people, I suppose this may make or break their decision to stay there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Our hotel stay started out really nice until we lifted the bedsheets and discovered that one of the queen beds had a pee stain that was still wet!!!! Whoever made the beds DID NOT CHANGE THE LINEN!!!!! We called the front desk right away and made the complaint. Within just a few minutes they were at our room with different keys to a new room down the hall. They appoligized and were very helpful with the escort down the hall. The rest of the stay was really nice. The food at Mystic was fantastic. I was also amazed at how quickly you can get from the hotel room to the casino within minutes!!! I also like that in order to enter the hotel section you need to show your hotel key every time you pass. Security was very friendly and helpful as well.
Overall our hotel stay was ok. I just hope that they found the maid that cleaned our prior room and fired them. Come on...who wants to jump into a bed full of wet pee?? Not me!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!