“Nice hotel, big casino....” 4 of 5 stars

Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
2400 Mystic Lake Blvd, Prior Lake, MN 55372   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prior Lake
rock valley, iowa
“Nice hotel, big casino....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

I can't complain about the check in time as previously read, I thought the hotel was very nice. Very clean...The casino was bigger than I thought with tons of slots, but no roulette table which my husband was disappointed in. Also no poker table, just blackjack which he also missed, unless of course we didn't see them. We had lots of fun though, broke even. We ate at the Ribbons steakhouse which had very good food. The whole premises is alcohol free which we did know that before going, not before booked which is kinda disappointing but is understandable. Very fun place to go, would go again.

• Stayed January 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
omaha, ne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2005

We visited Mystic Lake for a weekend and were pleased with the quality of the hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean and we were able to get adjoining rooms by calling in advance (twice) and reminding them at the desk. That's something we are used to doing. Check-in is slow, which the clerk kept apologizing for, but she said they are upgrading their computer system. There is no alcohol allowed in the hotel and security is tight going up to the rooms, which we appreciated. The food at the buffet was just okay, but the price was reasonable (half price with the rooms).
The casino is another story. First, the layout is simply confusing. You can't get from one point to the other without going through a maze. The slots are all video - that's all Minnesota allows - and most still dispense coins rather than coupons, which is a nuissance. They are dated and the payouts are low. The casino offers low-minimums at the tables, which is nice if you aren't a high roller. All in all, we won't be back.

Stayed October 2005
IOWA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

This is truely the best hotel and casino in the midwest. I've had very good luck with their blackjack tables. The hotel rooms are really nice and roomy.

Don't trust the bad reviews! Compared to other midwest casinos this by far the best! The recreation center is really great too, if you can get out of the casino!

The buffet is AWESOME! The best in the world-- and I've been to lots. Gourmet food. Worth the $17 per person by far!

• Stayed January 2005
Richmond VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2005

If I could rate this place less than one I would...There are no highway directions, the slot machines on my 1980 atari had better graphics. I have been to dozens of casinos all over the world and this is the worst. Save your money, there is no entertainment value here.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2004

Mystic Lake Casino really does cater to the high rollers, and I can support that statement based on what happened to me. I spent oogles of money in the casino (over 15 grand), and in the high stakes area in a 24 hour period. When I attempted to use the restroom in the high stakes area, a security guard blocked the entrance, and rudely instructed me to "use the other restrooms in the casino." I told him that I played in high stakes, and he again repeated the same statement while still blocking the entrance. I guess spending $15,000 isn't enough to gain access to the high stakes pristine privey. How ludicrous!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2004

The first time I went to Mystic I didnt win a thing. And I play hard. But each time after that Ive won big! As far as the rooms go...they are amazingly clean. The service is excellent! My husband and I go once a month for his meetings...I go to play. And I will keep coming back.

Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2004

The hotel rooms are quite nice and well apportioned. The staff is very friendly. But, check in is very slow. Even with advance reservations, frequent stays, and credit card on file, check in takes at least 10-15 minutes per room. If you have special requests (such as adjoining rooms), count on spending more time. Since the individual check in is so slow, long lines can and do form at check in. If you are getting "benes" such as show tickets with the room, be sure to go very early or you will probably miss the beginning of the show.

Been to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!