“Favorite Casino in the Midwest - Las Vegas Quality!” 5 of 5 stars

Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
2400 Mystic Lake Blvd, Prior Lake, MN 55372   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prior Lake
IOWA
“Favorite Casino in the Midwest - Las Vegas Quality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

This is truely the best hotel and casino in the midwest. I've had very good luck with their blackjack tables. The hotel rooms are really nice and roomy.

Don't trust the bad reviews! Compared to other midwest casinos this by far the best! The recreation center is really great too, if you can get out of the casino!

The buffet is AWESOME! The best in the world-- and I've been to lots. Gourmet food. Worth the $17 per person by far!

• Stayed January 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Richmond VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2005

If I could rate this place less than one I would...There are no highway directions, the slot machines on my 1980 atari had better graphics. I have been to dozens of casinos all over the world and this is the worst. Save your money, there is no entertainment value here.

Travelers are raving about these Prior Lake hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2004

Mystic Lake Casino really does cater to the high rollers, and I can support that statement based on what happened to me. I spent oogles of money in the casino (over 15 grand), and in the high stakes area in a 24 hour period. When I attempted to use the restroom in the high stakes area, a security guard blocked the entrance, and rudely instructed me to "use the other restrooms in the casino." I told him that I played in high stakes, and he again repeated the same statement while still blocking the entrance. I guess spending $15,000 isn't enough to gain access to the high stakes pristine privey. How ludicrous!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2004

The first time I went to Mystic I didnt win a thing. And I play hard. But each time after that Ive won big! As far as the rooms go...they are amazingly clean. The service is excellent! My husband and I go once a month for his meetings...I go to play. And I will keep coming back.

Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2004

The hotel rooms are quite nice and well apportioned. The staff is very friendly. But, check in is very slow. Even with advance reservations, frequent stays, and credit card on file, check in takes at least 10-15 minutes per room. If you have special requests (such as adjoining rooms), count on spending more time. Since the individual check in is so slow, long lines can and do form at check in. If you are getting "benes" such as show tickets with the room, be sure to go very early or you will probably miss the beginning of the show.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2004

The hotel accomodations are excellent and affordable. The service and customer service is wonderful. I believe that they do not comp unless you consecutively play 10.00 a hand (blackjack) which seems unfair when you may play $10-100.00 on other hands and five during a bad shoe. It is an incentive to always play at least ten for the minimal points awarded which is not competetive with treasure island who will comp something for all play. Doesn't seem very business savvy to me.
Unless..... Gamblers will do anything for a win even for comp points, then it almost seems like taking the money without the fun is the object of the Casino. My recommendation would be better comps all around. I've heard many people utter statements of discontent.
Personally I have enjoyed most of the play. Maybe not the dealer who tells you that you ruin peoples hands by jumping in and out, even when they are already getting killed. My feeling, what's the difference??

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2004

I keep going back to mystic lake casino, I don't know why either. I never win, nobody really ever wins. That casino just takes and takes your money. GO TO TREASURE ISLAND IN RED WING. SERIOUSLY DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME THERE. The security staff are REALLY rude and show you no respect. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME THERE, YOU WON'T WIN ANYTHING!

Been to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!