“Mystery on a Lake” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prior Lake
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Mystery on a Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I usually am not impressed with casino/hotels.I stayed for a conference for 3 nights. I can't rate the gambling since I don't gamble.
The entire casino,lobby,conference rooms,signage,Indian heritage and food was a delight! From the Asian noodle bar to the steak house, the food was very good.

I found this place to be very very clean which is excellent.the staff from the coffee bar to the security people and the bus driver (Sue) were kind and knowledgeable. My room was nice as well bed and pillows were good.
The sport center which is included in the hotel stay is unbelievable.
Workouts to ice rinks are in this place.

OH, and the casino area and hotel are all non smoking which is rare for Casinos.
Another thing is that the casino never seemed loud to me when I was in the main area of the lobby.they weren't busy but it is a quite Casino from what I can tell.

Why stay? You won't have to leave the property.Everything is here!

Why not? I really can't think of a reason

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lakeland, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nice place, To expensive for a casino hotel.They don't allow you to bring alcohol in the hotel, They will look in the cooler, so put in your luggage. They want you to drink the overpriced drinks. Staff very friendly and willing to help. Food was good ! Probally would not stay again unless I was seeing a show.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Mystic Lake is the premier casino in Minnesota. Hotel room rates are variable depending on the day of the week. The player club card makes a BIG difference in the rates, food prices and comps offered. Having liquor is a real plus for some people. Minnehaha Cafe has very reasonable prices and is 24 hours. Staff was helpful everywhere in the resort. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rogers
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here many times and have been happy, my husband had a suite for free to use last week but we stuck with our free coupon because we took our family. Decided this week to go on out own and when he asked about getting the suite they said we could not get one and that we would have to pay $179. How could he have lost thousands and not be able to get a room in a Friday night? Any room! No one could explain to him where his points had gone in a week. We are now choosing our other casino options! Don't know when we will go back. Terrible customer service!

• Stayed October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Family members and friends and I have shared getaways to Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel. It is our favorite, hands down. Wonderful staff who treats guests with professional courtesy and respect, top-notch service, acknowledgment of their premium players, discounts for food venues and player rewards that COUNT, great food and variety, shows with occasional complimentary tickets to premium players, bus service for the Twin Cities and regular shuttles to/from Little Six Casino, beautiful accoutrements, fun events....what more can I say? Everything Grand Casino Hinckley ISN'T. There is no need to go to Hinckley, since they severely reduced their player rewards, keno and video poker PAYTABLES. Not to mention lackluster hotel accommodations IF you are able to use your 'rewards' coupons. Nothing but Senior busses coming and going. Mystic has a mix of seniors too, but it's not overrun by people visiting for their $5 of monthly Grand Play. I love my seniors, but unfortunately they are the only winners at Hinckley. But, this is about Mystic Lake. We love Mystic Lake, have been patrons since 1996, and plan on being a loyal guest for many years to come. If you like the Strip Hotel/casinos in Las Vegas - you'll LOVE Mystic Lake....but with that home-town feel.

Room Tip: I like to get a room on a higher floor, but near the elevator. There's really not a bad room!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the 14th floor overlooking the parking structure out front. Our room was good. Quite large, including the bathroom. King bed was comfortable but instead of two large pillows each like most hotels we had 8 small pillows between us. There was an iron, a safe (for all your winnings if applicable) and a coffee pot. Our room also had a couch with coffee table and magazines. We didnt get a chance to read them as we were downstairs gambling. Checkout was a breeze, all we had to do was call the desk and then leave our key cards in the room. We didn't valet our car but they have that service available. Several restaurants (including buffet for about $15) and bars on site. For the value we liked the restaurant close to the bingo (I don't remember what it was called). We had a very good burger and chicken sandwich with fries. We were there on a sunday night and the whole casino was playing the football game on tvs everywhere and the audio was on speakers for everyone. I would recommend this establishment to anyone with time to kill and money to burn (or multiply depending on your luck). Great way to spend an evening!

• Stayed September 2013
Oneida, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights and everything went fine. Check in was quick. Rooms were clean. You have to show your room key to security before heading to the elevators. So, not just anyone can walk around up there. The only problem I had was connecting to their wifi. It wouldn't connect, then it would, then it would lose the signal then back again for the entire 4 days I was there. I'll go back.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor with the wifi problems.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mystic Lake Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!