“looks can be deceiving” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 Campus Drive, Plymouth, MN 55441 (Formerly Radisson Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Plymouth
Plymouth, Minnesota
“looks can be deceiving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel and well decorated rooms. I tried the Friday night pasta bar...food okay, service poor and unprofessional. The TV'S need an instruction manual..I had to call the front desk to figure out the channels. Rooms could be cleaner..found hair in the shower and dust between the nighstand and the wall. The alarm went off at 6 am - I had not set the alarm. Did voice my concerns at check out but the only compensation the front desk clerk could offer was free breakfast because there was no manager on duty Saturday morning. Management was to contact me Monday but, due to a miscommunication between the front desk clerk and management, I was not contacted until Tuesday. Not the relaxing get away I was hoping for......

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jerrod S, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
LJR67,
Thank you for your review of our property. We love to hear that you found the hotel to be beautiful and the rooms well decorated. We are at the tail end of a 5 million dollar renovation and we are very proud of our property and our guest rooms. Guest feedback is imperative to the success of our product and services. Our award winning Friday Night Pasta Buffet is a huge hit and we are always looking for any possible ways to improve it. I will be sharing your review with our management team and staff to showcase how important their service is. I know that our staff will find this review as motivation to do better and provide the kind of service we are known for. Information like this can only help us improve. If you are returning to the area please feel free to contact me as we would be thrilled to have you stay with us again.

Thank you.

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for 6 days in jan. I found the place kinda confusing. Very bizarrely organized. It feels like they just kept adding on. My room was small. Hotel was empty. Due to time of the year. I am a plat priority club. And no upgrade given. Not a big deal. But no frig, no micro in room. Room service was okay. But nothing special. Crowne plaza brand in 2013. Are so hit and miss. Some great. Some bad. I would stay again. But wouldn't be first choice

Room Tip: They need frigs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AngryBirdMSP,
My sincere apologies that you were not recognized as a Platinum Priority Member. Your status is very important to us and I would like a chance to speak with you to know your experience so as to improve our process. Our guest experience scores are some industries highest and I apologize that you didn’t get that experience.

Thank you again.

GRAND RAPIDS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was really impressed with this property from the moment I walked into the front door! The lobby is open and spacious with large sofa's and chairs arranged to allow people to sit and talk. The staff who checked me in identified themselves and made it clear if I had a problem to come and see him/her. There were fresh cookies and water with lemon slices and fresh apples. The hallways are carpeted leading to all the rooms of dark rich colors. Rooms are located on either side of a spacious area open to the ceiling from the ground floor. Their you find stairways to use instead of the elevators. My room was clean and well equipped with a flat screen TV and internet service. The beds were firm. There are several restaurants on the property and each of them served meals which were reasonably priced and well above the norm in terms of quantity and quality. I'd easily add 10 pounds in a week if I was allowed to eat there for that time. The meeting and conference rooms were numerous and of varying sizes to satisfy your needs. Prices were in line with staying at a property of this quality. The only concern is location. I'm not sure you'd find this place using a GPS as it's rather well hidden amongst other large properties which are around it. That said, don't avoid it because it's worth the visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jerrod S, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
BroncoMike,
What a thrill to receive your review of our property. Our staff always appreciates being recognized for their excellent customer service and their image in our customer’s eyes is what drives them. It will be a pleasure to share this with the staff as we continue to hold some of the highest customer services scores in the Hospitality industry. We also always love hearing about our food and what a great way to experience what we offer by attending our pasta Buffet on Friday evenings. It continues to be a must see while staying with us. With the award winning food that our culinary team produces it is easy to see why our 21,000sq Athletic Club comes in handy! Thank you again for your great review of our property and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

What a treat to find a place so lovely and welcoming and at such a great value. Perhaps we were there off peak, but we were so happy with our room rate considering all the amenities; a sleek and spotless room, a gorgeous building, fitness center, business center, covered free parking, courteous staff, fresh baked cookies in the lobby and a great marshland view out the window. Only a few blocks to I494 and great access to western suburbs and downtown Minneapolis. Kids want to stay here every time we go to Minnesota now.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dilworth, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having family in the NW Suburbs and wanting a quick route downtown for destinations such as Target Field and the Target Center, we look for hotels that are close to both. The Crowne Plaza is absolutely the place that accomplishes both. My boys like the saline pool and LOVE the Sunday brunch at the restaurant. My wife is a huge fan of the in-room Keurig and the access to the health club during our stay. Me, I like the Wi-Fi, and the fact that my family enjoys the stay!

Room Tip: There aren't bad rooms, the Interstate noise is negligable, but if you're sensitive, go high...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I've spent many nights in this hotel both for business and with family. Absolutely no fault with this hotel. Good and reasonably priced food. Very genuinely helpful and knowledgeable staff. Big comfortable room, nice relaxation areas and well upkept. Looking forward to staying here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular in this place, spend about100+ nights in 2012. The staff is friendly and eager to please, the food is ok and the beds comfortable. The hotel is on walking distance from a nice lake and that allows for great spring, summer or fall hikes.. The gym is above average.A hotel cannot replace a home but this hotel has enough of a homely touch and stilll the minimum require services to consider it longer stays

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West? Share your experiences!