“Very well priced for location to downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Annapolis Ln N, Plymouth, MN 55441   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Very well priced for location to downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This has been updated nicely and is kept clean. It is however a motel not a hotel. I would stay again. They have coffee but no breakfast is provided. The staff were all helpful and polite. It was quiet enough to sleep well but looking at the other guests you would not expect this. There are some places to eat nearby such as MCD's etc. If you want the fridge and microwave you have to get the king bed room. Bottom line is a well priced place to stay near (short drive) the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband got me a room for last weekend. I have a spinal injury so I was planning to stay here until after my surgery.

First off let's talk about Nora. She is the front desk girl that assured me AS WE WERE DRIVING THERE that there was a room available...A Superior King Smoking. Fifteen minutes later when we arrived, she informed us it wasn't available until after 3.. over six hours later. I cannot sit up for very long so I asked her what she had.. She said there was a double bed smoking available. So We get in the room and my husband leaves...I notice it's not a smoking room and the remote won't work. I call Nora and she gets me another remote that still didn't work. She also says my new bed will be ready in a half hour.

It wasn't. She told me that the new owners don't communicate well with the staff. Like that should make up for it all. She also told me not to use the beds in the room i was in.. SO by the time she called me to tell me my room as available I was in tremendous pain. I got to my new room and it wasn't cleaned at all. I burst into tears at this point. Nora, then promised me a comp that I never got. The owner apologized and had the room cleaned. It took 7 hours to get into this room.

Unfortunately I am back today. I was told i was given a smoking room... its not. And the ac/heating unit is broken.. It's very hot in there. One of the owners (Yusef) maybe? Told me he'd come look at it over an hour ago.

I've made plans to go somewhere else. I'll be leaving this evening.

I don't understand the service here. You'd think they'd make an effort to make customers comfortable, ESPECIALLY disabled customers. Instead they play the blame game.

I'm a writer for Cosmo.. thinking of writing an article about my experience in hotels around the U.S. I wouldn't want to be the Red Roof Inn in Plymouth in that article , that's for sure!!

If by chance the owner does pull it together and make things right before I leave I will certainly change my review.

Jennifer
Room
138 & not happy about it!

• Stayed April 2013

Travelers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Cambridge, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If needing a quick,clean, and modern chain hotel in the outskirts of the city, this hotel is perfect! About 20 minutes from MSP airport without freeway traffic. Deli and coffee right across the street. Cannot beat the price for a single or double in the area. And the best, if I was traveling with my golden retreiver, they allow pets!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Redicard member who travels for a living and uses Red Roof Inns on a weekly basis all across the United States. First nights stay the temperature dropped below 0 degrees and the heating unit stopped working around midnight. The next morning I complained to desk clerk who said she would deduct $10 off second nights stay in different room. I told her that was unexceptable and she then took off $22. I still wasn't pleased because I just don't think one should have to pay at all when something as important as heat in sub zero temps goes bad. Twice in 35 years of traveling this has occurred at other RRI and on both occasions the room was comped. On a positive note the room was clean and smelled fresh. The shower head was one of the best ever. Both morning my USA Today was at my door and this is something very few RRI do even though they should for Redicard members. Location is fine and within walking distance of couple eating establishments. I will gladly stay here upon next visit as I realize this was just isolated incident.

• Stayed February 2013
RedRoofInnPlymouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for forwarding along your coments about your recent stay. I do apologize for the problems you encountered with your heating unit. Our maintenance person has received a copy of your comments and has corrected any problems in that room. I also wanted to thank you for the nice comments you made about the cleanliness of your guestroom. Please let us know of your next visit to the Twin Cities. We would love to host you again in Plymouth.
Best,
Licking, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is the best Red roof Inn to stay at the Front desk personal are great very friendly and helpful,housekeeping also very friendly,very clean rooms,I travel with my job so I stay in alot of hotels and this is my favorite hotel to stay at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofInnPlymouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hi Patsy,
Thanks so much for posting your review. We appreciate it! It's nice to hear that our Team Members were so friendly and helpful.

Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We found this on Trip Advisor as we came into Minneapolis during rush hour, needing a place to stay two nights before flying out of M-St Paul International airport. A friendly desk clerk held a room for us with little fuss. We usually get two queens (offered at $44.99), but decided to book a featured king with microwave & refrigerator for $10 more. We had been traveling & birding for ten days, and simply wanted to rest & sort through our gear, and repack for the next leg of our trip. Cleanliness & service was good as noted on a recent review. We were pleased by the large work desk that used space that might otherwise have been taken up by a second queen bed. The only problemish was the coffeemaker: first, I couldn't find the glass pot; a call to the desk revealed that it drips one cup (really only about 5 ounces)at a time into the provided styrofoam cup. Second, when I tried to brew several "cups“ in succession to fill my travel mug, the edges of the small,slide-in, brown plastic tray that held the little bags of coffee got soft from the heat, sagging & causing the coffee to spill over onto the desk. Luckily, we noticed right away & unplugged the pot. Anyway, there is a McDonalds close by with good coffee. Bed & pillows were clean & comfortable. Although this place is not next to the airport, the loop highway was easily accessible & took us there without delay (driving our rental car - the hotel does not have a shuttle).

• Stayed January 2013
RedRoofInnPlymouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. I am glad you found the hotel to your liking and that the Front Desk Agent was so friendly. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks as well for the information regarding the coffee maker. I will look into that. We do have extra of the plastic trays available at the desk but I think we will star putting a few near each coffee maker as well.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Grand Forks, ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Returned here again for a 4 night, 5 day stay.

I noticed they raised their room rates about 10%. It's still reasonably priced for the area and was expecting a rate increase anyway. The front desk person at check in was pleasant and professional.

The room is looking it's age. It was clean and well appointed but could use updating. Talked to the housekeeper (didn't get her name) but she was nice and fun to chat with and appeared concerned about my comfort.

The weather stripping on the bottom of the door needed replacing as you could see daylight under the door. Reported this upon checkout and the front desk person wrote a work order right away. Impressive!

Woman at the front desk at checkout was very nice.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the place I'll fill you in a bit. In my room there was no microwave or small refrigerator. Bathroom is very small but don't know what it's like in other rooms. Sink and counter is outside of the bathroom as it is in some other motels. All room doors open to the outside, not a into common hallway. On cooler days bugs will want to come into your room if door is left open. Wi-Fi worked great..... very good signal. Cable television channels are limited but 2 free HBO channels. Place still uses CRT televisions. Beds are firm but I like that. There is coffee in the office, ice machine and vending near office. No continental breakfast but lots of places to eat nearby.

As long as the rates remain low I'll return. It's a great value for the Twin Cities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnPlymouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to write this nice survey about our hotel. We appreciate your business and love that you want to share your experience with others.

I should let you know that we do have rooms with Fridges and Microwaves. Just ask for a Superior room next time you stay.

Thanks again!

Rick Engelhard

Been to Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth? Share your experiences!