“Friendly Service but Unclean Rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Annapolis Ln N, Plymouth, MN 55441   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Plymouth
Memphis
“Friendly Service but Unclean Rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Upon arriving after a 5 hour drive was greeted with a smile by a very courteous lady at the front desk. This was the only positive part of our experience. My aunt got a headache from scent of their cleaning products. The decor was fair & on the surface presentable but our chair had crumbs, etc. Prompting us to examine further, dresser drawer had some unknown smear, box springs had gross & frightening looking debris. In addition, the floor under the bed had not been cleaned in a long time. When we switched to alternate room ( with sincere apologies & courteousness) the sheets had stains, which was the final straw! The wonderful lady promptly assisted me in a refund & apologized profusely & promised to report to management. Would not stay again! If you too can't resist the bargain rate, beware. Examine your room before committing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofInnPlymouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send in a review about our hotel. I apologize that the cleanliness of the room was not what it should have been. This should not have happened. I am glad that the front desk staff was so helpful to you but and sorry that it got to that point. Your room should have been clean and presentable upon check-in and I apologize that it was not.

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brookfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here 3 mights recently and it was ok.One night the elevator smelled like cat urine and the next it was flower fresh. The rooms are good enough, our sheet had a hole in it but everything was clean. It is Red Roof Inn not a 4 star, so I got what I expected and paid for. What I liked is the location to the HWY as you can be downtown or to the Mall of America or the Zoo in 15-20 minutes. They allow pets and there are a few places to eat around and a gas station, your basic exit ramp stuff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RedRoofInnPlymouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments about our property. I agree that being close to the highway is great for people wanting to see different parts of the city. Thanks again and I hope we get to see you again in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Basic motel on the west side of Minneapolis good location if doing business or visiting family on the side of town.

Clean rooms...wifi connection good..

The outdoor floors of the stairways and hallways could be cleaner...lots of stains.

For the price an excellent choice

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for passing along your comments. We always appreciate feedback. I am glad you felt the price/value was excellent. We are working on the stairwells currently and thank you for your input.
See you next time!
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a nice place to stay, the desk personnel are always friendly and the price is reasonable

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to send in a review about our hotel and thank you for complimenting our desk staff. I will pass along your comments to them.
Fridley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Dont bother!! this place stole my property!! Then when i went to confrnt the front deak lady (tina) she acted as if it were no big deal shrugging her sholders, i then asked to speak with the GM (Jeff) and he did the same thing. I stayed at this place becuase my apartment flooded and this place had some good reviews online. When i called the police the assumed i was just another prostitue they had to deal with once again as he dod mention they get plenty of calls there. IF you stay here whatever you do DO NOT keep any personal belongings in your room as they will "come up missing"!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This location offered economy accommodations, the room was clean, the staff friendly. The property could use a bit of a face lift but was a good and quiet place to stay while working.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to send in a review about our hotel. I am glad you found the rooms clean and that the location was convenient for you.
We look forward to having you as a guest in the near future.
Grand Forks ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Convenience: 9 out of 10
Friendliness: 10 out of 10
Cleanliness: 10 out of 10
Value: 9 out of 10

My husband and I stayed at the RRI for 2 nights on our mini vacation to Minneapolis. The location of the hotel was easy to get to and was perfectly located minutes away from all of our destinations. The gas station just down the road was easy to get to and convenient. We chose RRI based on reviews and price. Across the street was another hotel that didn't get great reviews for almost double the price! The staff was extremely friendly and the housekeepers were smiling and polite. I don't think I've ever been greeted by a housekeeper in any other hotel I've stayed at and I had not one but two at the RRI make the first attempts to talk to me and ask how my day was going! The room was spacious and clean. The bed was a little hard, but after a long day I slept like a baby. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are exterior entrances. I recommend the Superior King if you only need one bed. It's ver...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnPlymouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
FastLaneInterstate94,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay at the Plymouth Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your positive comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are so grateful you chose the Red Roof Inn, Plymouth. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

J. Abbott

Been to Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth? Share your experiences!