“Clean(relatively) But Smelly Room, Dirty Exterior, HORRIBLE BED!” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Annapolis Ln N, Plymouth, MN 55441   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
Rochester, Minnesota
“Clean(relatively) But Smelly Room, Dirty Exterior, HORRIBLE BED!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

1. Room was clean, but sheet's looked to be burnt.
2. Non Smoking room reeked of smoke, and this is coming from a former smoker.
3. My wife's hand became covered in some black filmy substance when walking down the stairway in the breezeway.
4. The bed was the hardest thing I've ever paid to sleep on in my life. I bolted up awake every half hour in pain.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep don't bother with this place.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnPlymouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
JDOC2135,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Plymouth Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I am glad you found your room clean, however please accept our sincerest apologies for the smoke smell in your non smoking room and your experience with our beds. We are in the process of upgrading our bedding so I will make sure the room you referred to gets to the top of the list!

At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

J. Abbott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fridley, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

since i have been at the red roof inn i only plan my trips around locations that have red roofs. I absolutely love the people who work there and the bedding is always freshly washed and the rooms always smell good , i even started telling friends and i have alot of friends country wide and they will also be staying at red roofs now. TANYA and jeffrey the manager are wonderful assets to the company and should be greatly rewarded for their hospitality attention to details even small perks, also great peronalities i can have some pretty corny jokes sometimes and they graciously always laugh.I LOVE that and hope lots of people read this review, kudos to the other workers as well emily, corrinne and pablo all super duper workers and very personable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Michelle T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay at the Plymouth Red Roof.

We are so grateful you chose the Red Roof Inn, Plymouth. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011 via mobile

I checked into room 209 and found small, tan bugs crawling on the headboards. I ten checked the mattresses and found many more of these same bugs. I didn't see blood marks, however, I did see brown stains that looked like numerous squashed bugs. I told the gal working and she just told me to call expedia to get a refund. Gross

• Stayed September 2011
RedRoofInnPlymouth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Sarahqqqqqq,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Plymouth Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We take bed bugs very seriously; the room was thoroughly inspected and I am happy to report there were no beg bugs found. We will continue to work with our pest control to prevent anything like this occurring in the future.

J. Abbott

Travelers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Mineral Point, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I have stayed at the Plymouth MN Red Roof Inn several times when in the area on business. I have always found the rooms clean. The personnel are always great and go out of their way to make your stay at your home away from home as pleasant as possible. Broadway Pizza is right next door and has excellent pizza. If you are looking for a clean comfortable room and don't need a lot amenities, you found it right here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
PlymouthCares, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
rjbuss,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Great place to stay close to ever thing Staff is great clean rooms and they make you feel like your home

Room Tip: ask they are very helpful
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
mean-gal2010,

It is our pleasure to accommodate you while your house is being repaired. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

I have stayed at this Red Roof Inn long enough to report the people are wonderful and professional. I really appreciate the high quality sheets, very comfortable. I prefer the superior king room with the large bed, refrigerator and microwave. The location is right in between getting into Minneapolis or driving west to the country. I am a guy who likes to eat. Food is up the steps or across the street, and everything you could want within 15 minutes. And good coffee 24 hrs/day. The direct outside access makes taking Mr. dog for a walk very easy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

My girlfriend and I have stayed at this hotel before there prices are great and the staff is as well. All our other stays were great other than the elevators that smelled like body odor and ashtray. But this last stay was the worst I have seen first of all the room had a musty smell like an old closet or attic, the heater looked like it was manufactured in 1960 and was covered in dust which is amazing for a persons who suffers from asthma. Then there was the 12 inch black hair on the back of the toilet and the yellow stains on the bottom of the comforter. The light above the sink flickered a bit but never turned on, oh an then there was the horrible internet connection and the greasy fingerprint covered laminate that outlined all the “great” features the Red Roof had to offer.

Over all it was an ok stay maybe its because we were on the ground level all the other times we were on the second or third floor those seemed to be much cleaner and better maintained in order to get to those floors you have two amazing options the first is that you can ride the 100 year old locker room smelling elevator or your second option is to climb all the stairs with all your bags just to avoid smelling like an ashtray.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Minneapolis Plymouth? Share your experiences!