“Yuck!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
myreviewsareaccurate
“Yuck!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Ordered the big ribs on Sun at 3PM for take-out. Truly, I think they steamed the ribs from the day before and sold them to me. You know making money is the bottom line. I could have cook better ribs in my oven at 350 deg for 3 hours. That's exactly how they tasted. Wet gooey and no flavor. My advise is to stay away from the Plymouth store!!!! This review is accurate truthful and honest.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“I only go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I go to many Famous Dave's places but this one is one of my favorite stores. The staff and fast, fun, and friendly and I have never had any problems with my order but if I did I am confident it would be fixed to my liking as soon as possible. My favorites are the Mac and Cheese, rib tips and ribs. I always get them naked and dip in Devil's Spit.

Visited October 2013
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
“Excellent BBQ Brisket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Like many people I have tried a lot of different Famous Dave's BBQ sauces. They are all quite tasty and flavourful. I had never had the food here though until recently. My company had Dave's cater a lunch for us. Let me tell you it was wonderful bbq. So on that delicious meal inspired me top try the food here at the resteraunt. I ordered a BBQ beef brisket sandwhich with mac and cheese on the side. Well the bun was perfectly toasted and the meat was absolutely perfect. It seemed so tender and full of great flavor. Truly the best BBQ sandwhich I have ever eaten. This place is great and I can't wait to eat here again soon.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“they forgot how to make good brisket”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

typically love the place but over past few months quality and value had eroded, the once tender briskett meal was dried out and reminded me of an Arbys sandwich and to top it off they dropped their drunkin apple side.. so for briskett ho elsewhere

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Always consistent; good take-out service; food is good but ordinary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Yes, "ribs are just ribs". Good food, and well-executed recipes, but the recipes and flavors don't stand out as special. Reason to go is convenience of take-out, and good & predictable take-out service. There are better places for more original, more true-to-form rib and sides recipes, but they are harder to get to.

• Visited June 2013