“Very nice Residence Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Plymouth
madison, wi
“Very nice Residence Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

I love to stay at Residence Inn's because they are so comfortable. This one was particularly nice. I arrived between 7:30 and 8pm and the desk clerk commented that I could still get some food from the evening fare - a potato bar. Since I was tired, it was great to not have to leave the hotel to get dinner. The room was incredibly spacious and comfortable. I wish I didn't have to check out so early the next morning.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I was at the Plymouth, MN Residence last week; the first time I've stayed there. I usually end up at the Courtyard in Maple Grove, which is nice, simply because of the price differential, and in these days of the bean counters watching expenses to the penny, an extra $30 a night gets noticed quick.

HOWEVER... this past week, the residence room was only $8 more a night, so I took it. This place is magnifacent! Decoration and layout is very modern; the rooms have all of your typical residence accoutrements we've come to love, but everything feels more upscale..almost "resortish". The intensity of my trip prevented me from making use of the internet or social areas, but the latter looked amazing...next time!

The room was very well laid out (although the "only on when you're in the room AC" took a little bit of figuring out to maintain temp while sleeping). I've honestly never had a better nights rest in a hotel ever before; and I consider Marriott properties the most comfortable of them all...and this one beats that standard.

If you need some space, a place to work, rest, and recover from the day; this room has everything you need.

There is a coffee shop in the same parking lot, a Starbucks across the road next door, and a McDonalds with a 24 hour drive through caddy-corner to the property (should you find yourself returning to your room at 2am after a long day).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Southern Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

We have stayed twice at this hotel....first with a small group of church youth and second for a weekend getaway with our young grandchildren. Both times it was nothing but perfectly pleasant. We have stayed in many Residence Inn's around the country and always appreciate the great accomodations they offer, but this one was probably the nicest of any. First of all it just opened in April 2008, so everything was brand new and very stylish. Whoever designed the place did an excellent job!

The rooms are lovely, nicely furnished and very comfortable. The beds and bedding are heavenly. The afternoon social hour snacks and beverages are great (just offered on weekdays). The teenagers we were with thought that was the best! The breakfast is nicely prepared and presented and more than plentiful. The pool area is very nice and if we had any complaint about the place at all it would be that the pool deck is very slippery when wet. There is a nice outdoor area with tables and chairs between the pool and the lobby areas. There are also very nice, comfortable sitting areas in the lobby area and a business center area with computer and printer. We also made use of the fitness center, which had a good number of machines, of very good quality.

This is a great hotel for both business and leisure travelers!

• Liked — The decor, staff, cleanliness, comfy beds, large rooms
  • Disliked — Slippery pool deck
  • Stayed August 2008
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriot over Labor Day weekend 2008. We're having our first baby in a few weeks and wanted to get away from home to somewhere nice, but didn't want to leave town. I did some research online to check out hotels in the Twin Cities area, and this was the best option for us. Comparable rates to other older hotels, brand new earlier this year, large rooms, stylish decor, CLEAN (which is a biggie for me - I hate dirty hotel rooms), comfortable bed, nice and new appliances in room - SS in kitchen (refrigerator/freezer, oven/stove, microwave, etc.), good size LG flat-screen TV's with HD, free WI-FI, great hot breakfast included with stay, and more. Also, there are several good restaurants and fast food places in the area, some right across the street if you want to walk. There is a Caribou Coffee also in the same parking lot as the hotel. We also enjoyed using the nice eco-pool and fitness center - not large, but ample. There is a nicely landscaped patio outside with several chairs, tables, loungers, and a BBQ grill. On the patio there is a relaxing waterfall feature - very nice touch.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again, without a doubt. We have stayed at several hotels in the Twin Cities area and around the country while traveling, and this has been the nicest for the best price.

• Liked — Very clean!
  • Disliked — We liked everything.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

We have just returned from a weekend stay at the Residence Inn in Plymouth, MN. I didn't want to come home! We loved it. The property is brand new (April 2008) and it's simply wonderful. The space was amazing - and we were in the smallest room - a queen suite with 440 sq. ft. of floor space. I'll never stay in a normal hotel room again.

The photos on the Marriott website (while not of that exact hotel) are a perfect representation of what to expect. The suite was open and roomy with rich colors and quality furnishings. What impressed me most was the way the space was arranged making it feel more like an apartment than a hotel room.

The breakfast buffet was excellent with a wide enough selection that even a picky eater will find something to fill them up. The area opens to a lovely courtyard with a small water feature if you'd like to eat breakfast outdoors. This same space is used on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for evening happy hour events.

The salt water pool (the first we've encountered) was simple and there was no hot tub, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. The workout area - though we didn't use it - looked to be quite well outfitted.

The property was well located and very easy to find, on a main street just off of 494. There was some fast food nearby, but we did have to travel a bit to find a nice sit-down meal. The front desk has a nice selection to choose from. It looked like an area that was growing and I would expect to see more food choices when we return.

I would highly recommend this property for any travel reason - whether a family looking for a weekend getaway, a business traveler for a night or extended stay or people with loved ones in the nearby medical facility, this property fits all of your needs.

• Liked — The room was huge.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything...
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Plymouth? Share your experiences!