“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pine River
Austin TX
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is an very nice Rodeway Inn. It's in good shape and has pleasant rooms. The price is very reasonable for an area that doesn't have many chain motels. The owner gave us a super restaurant recommendation, too. (Best walleye sandwich EVER at Bites Grill & Bar.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I don't think I have ever stayed in a cleaner hotel. The bed linens were clean and soft, the towels were bright white. The area was quiet and staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was perfect for what we needed and we stayed for a weekend in June. The continental breakfast was a sufficient start to the day. The wheelchair accessible room was set up with plenty of space. The bathroom could have been a little larger, but certainly worked. We definitely recommend Rodeway Inn and will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Our group of 3 couples on motorcycles stayed here 1 night on June 9 and had a very positive experience. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was very nice and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Let's start with the yuckiest part of my stay: I came back to my room last evening and found that my toothbrush (which I had left on top of my makeup case to the right of the sink) was wet and had been put into my travel toothbrush case (which I'd put on the opposite end of the counter when I'd unpacked four days earlier) and set back on top of my makeup case. WHY would the housekeeping person feel the need to do this? It wasn't in the way for her to clean the sink or counter. Ewww! I threw my toothbrush and the traveling case away - who knows what she did to it!
During my stay, the housekeeper didn't clean my room at all on two occasions, and twice I had to go to the office to get coffee packets because she hadn't left any in my room when she cleaned. The manager didn't have any coffee packets in the office and had to go scrounge some from other rooms for me.
One day I came back to my room, and while she had cleaned, there was a dead ladybug and a huge dead fly on the bathroom floor that had not been there when I left in the morning. The carpets are badly stained, and there was a smelly, stained upholstered chair in my room.
The walls are PAPER THIN to the point that you can hear every word spoken and on the TV, and even hear the neighbor's microwave buttons being pushed! My room was right next to the office, and every evening around 10:30, there was a huge pounding in the lobby, like someone using a heavy duty business stapler over and over.
They have a free breakfast every morning, which was white or wheat bread, bagels or cereal. No fruit, juice or yogurt was offered and the peanut butter jar remained empty the whole time I was there.
Next time I have to be in the area, I'll drive the extra 20 miles and stay in a nice motel in Nisswa!

Room Tip: Here's a tip: Stay somewhere else!