“Great Walleye BLT Sandwich” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Park Rapids, Minnesota
“Great Walleye BLT Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The walleye bot sandwich is excellent for lunch or dinner. Other dinner items are quite good as well. Well stocked bar and good beers on tap.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Unique food in the middle of winter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

In town on business with not many options other than fast food or traditional diners. I ordered the thai PB burger which was excellent. My colleague had the drunken chicken pasta. Great beer selection, friendly owner, and great atmosphere. Exceeded all expectations.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lucky to have this restaurant close by”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I retired to Park Rapids from Fargo ND 18 months ago, and we are so fortunate to have this creative, friendly restaurant in this small town. Their drink specials, salads, noodle bowls, desserts, etc are always interesting and good. Wonderful comfort food in the winter.

• Visited December 2013
Vacaville, California
“Our first time there from California”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Well, here it is , end of December and most places either close early or are closed for the winter. I wanted to treat my folks out for dinner since they live here in PR and we are visiting from California. My folks said lets try Good Life. I am glad we did. Great service, great food and love the hometown feel. Makes me miss Minnesota. Thanks for the great dinner. Well done.

Visited December 2013
Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
“Creative Menu, Satisfying Servings, Inviting Decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Growing up in rural Minnesota, I'm accustomed to finding only the franchise food stops or the local greasy spoon cafes in small towns. I'm excited to see dining establishments like Good Life Cafe, featuring culinary creativity and excellence, appearing in the rural landscape.

Good Life's decor is bright and inviting, with artfully captured photographs decorating the walls. Their menu is creative yet is grounded in the basics. During our Saturday lunch stop, my guest and I had the specials: Greek turkey pita with feta and the tomato basil soup for my guest; I had the wild rice meatball sub with andouille sausage. Our food was fresh and flavorful; serving size was satisfying.

Oh...and there is beer! No tasteless mass-produced beers here. All eight taps at the bar featured craft brews, including local selections from Leech Lake (Minnesota) and Fargo (North Dakota).

Good Life Cafe is a satisfying stop in the North Country--highly recommended!

• Visited November 2013