“A really Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
North Dakota
“A really Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We actually have eaten at this place several times. We have a lake home in the area and always think of The Good Life Cafe first when we have guests or just the two of us want a good bite to eat. The menu always has fresh tasting foods and occasionally will include a turkey dinner. My husband thinks that is the best!!!

• Visited August 2011

US
“Yum! Delicious food in cute downtown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Good Life Cafe is exactly the place we were looking to stop before heading into Itasca State Park. We both had the same meal - a turkey avocado sandwich with fries and it was amazing. Fresh ingredients, not over processed, just great. The restaurant is very nicely decorated with local photos - even the bathrooms are a cute surprise. Service was friendly and fast! As an added bonus the downtown is undergoing a remodel which looks to be amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, TN
“Very Good lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

Burger and Walleye Sandwhich. good lunch - reasonable price - comfortable pleasant environment.

Fargo ND
“A Wonderful Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

This is the kind of place you love to find when you're vacationing. Great food, wonderful friendly service and very reasonable prices. You could tell the chef and staff very much care about their food and customers. Next time I'm in Park Rapids I will stop in again.

Greg B.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minnesota
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My husband and I were staying at Itasca State Park for a few days and wanted to take a break from the dinners offered at the lodge there. We found an ad for Good Life Cafe in a Park Rapids vacation guide and checked out their website on the internet. The menu looked interesting so we decided to give it a try.

I was a little worried when we arrived, because there was only one customer in the place. It was 6:00 pm on a Sunday night, and I expected they would have more business if they were any good. My worries were over as soon as our food appeared. My husband had minestrone soup and a chicken/cranberry/walnut salad. He loved them both, and said he could tell the greens in the salad were very fresh. I ordered mealoaf with mango ketchup. It took me awhile to get used to the idea of mango ketchup, but it was a great meal. The mashed potatoes were creamy and great, too. For dessert we shared a giant cookie. They're big, but I've seen bigger.

In short, we enjoyed every mouthful, and our meal was $20 less than what we had spent at the Douglas Lodge the night before. That made it well worth the 20-mile drive in to Park Rapids.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere