“Nothing special, nothing terrible” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Owatonna
Brazil
“Nothing special, nothing terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Me and my wife stayed in one suite for two days stay as we are returning from north and I want do some shopping on Cabelas that is aside the hotel. The best part of the hotel is indeed it's location. Right off the freeway, next door to Cabelas, across the street from Applebees, Subway, mini mart, and very close to a Target. The room itself was okay. Nothing special, nothing terrible. The complimentary breakfast is as basic as it gets. During first night some kids run as horses in the run over us during a couple of hours and the frontdesk dont do nothing.Next time we will stay in another hotel in the area..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We value your comments and are always pleased when guests like yourself are willing to share your experience at Comfort Inn Owatonna. Your honest feedback is always appreciated as it helps us know what we are doing right and areas we need to improve.

Our goal at Comfort Inn Owatonna is to provide each and every guest with a superior guest experience. Thus I am truly sorry to hear you left our hotel with a mediocre impression. We have been looking into additional hot breakfast items to coincide with our current selection of cheese omelets, sausage and waffles. We have also added front desk staff during weekends that we have large groups and sports teams. We are currently replacing all of our king and queen mattresses and box springs. Our new filled blankets, soft and firm pillow selection and new coverlets will be arriving in approximately 8 weeks. We anticipate these improvements will enhance a future visit to Comfort Inn Owatonna.

I appreciate your comments regarding our location and hope future travelers to Owatonna will find this useful. I would like to clarify Comfort Inn is located at exit 45 off of I35 directly behind Cabela’s, while Applebee’s and Target are located at Exit 41.

We appreciate your business and hope that when you are in Owatonna you will give us another chance to prove that we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Owatonna, MN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tonka Bay, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was nicely renovated recently, and out room was comfortable. Sadly, I travel frequently, and I know what mold smells like, and this place has it in spades. The underlayment beneath the capet in the corridors had "potholes" in it, and I twisted my anke, and so did my son. Ok, forgivable things for a hotel of this age and a limited talent pool for staffing from a small town. But when I heard the obnoxious owner/manager badmouthing people in the lobby, I grabbed our stuff and moved next door to the Holiday Inn, even though it costs more. If not for the draw of the outlet mall and Cabellas nearby, there would be no way this place could charge the rates it does.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and for your honest feedback regarding your stay. Comments from our guests are always appreciated, and I can assure you each review is taken very seriously.

Our goal at Comfort Inn Owatonna MN is provide superior customer service. Our Comfort Inn employees take great pride in their roles of creating a positive experience for our guests. Therefore, I am deeply concerned to hear a member of our staff was responsible for allowing you to leave our location with such a poor impression. Please accept my deepest apologies. I want you to know that we will use your comments as a learning tool in order to assure this does not happen again. While I am not aware of any mold problems at this time considering our hotel has undergone all new paint/texture, wall covering, padding/carpeting, and floor tile replaced throughout the entire property within the last year I will investigate your concern.

We truly value your business and I do hope that if you are in the area you will give another try. We would be grateful for the opportunity to show you we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Came into Owatonna on a last minute buisiness trip. I stayed a couple of nights here and had an amazing experience. The rooms were decorated nicely, most importanlty clean, modern, and very elegant. In the mornings I was in a rush but had the chance to stop by the hot breakfast served by the hotel. I was delighted by the number of options to choose from. I would recommend this hotel because it is worth the price you pay, which is not much especially considering the care and the kindness of the staff. I definitely felt "at home" at this hotel. I will come back if in the area again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

First, allow me to thank you for reviewing Comfort Inn Owatonna. We always value hearing from our guest, as you let us know know what we are doing right and where we can improve.

I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our modern rooms and hot breakfast options.
I am pleased to share your comments about our staff's care and kindness with them. We serve many guests each day, and it always great to hear when efforts are rewarded with words of praise. Thank you for recognizing their efforts.

Thank you for staying with us, and we value your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at Comfort Inn during a friend's wedding, loved the hotel. My overall stay at this hotel was a pleasant experience. Hotel is very elegant, rooms are well-priced, and definitely worth staying at. Close to variety of great restaurants and shopping. Friendly staff that provided great service. The breakfast was delicious and those with a sweet tooth, definitely check out the candy store next door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We value your comments and are always pleased when guests like yourself are willing to share your experience at Comfort Inn.

Superior customer service is a priority and it is such a pleasure for me to be able to share your words of praise with our staff. I am also pleased to hear you enjoy our decor.

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our location for restaurants and shopping.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again when you are in the Owatonna area.

Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very clean and decorated with a lodge feel to it. Stayed 2 nights very quiet and the breakfast was outstanding, the lady cleaning up in the breakfast area was very friendly, also close to shopping and great eating areas

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post your review of Comfort Inn Owatonna.
We are always pleased to hear from our guests, and thank you for your compliments.

I am happy to hear you enjoy our northwoods decor, convenient location for shopping,
and hot breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We got a corner room, separated from the other rooms by a stairwell, so it was wonderfully quiet. We had a fridge and microwave, too, for no extra charge. We asked for extra towels and they arrived right away. We didn't use the pool but we looked at it and it looked clean and nice. The breakfast was great, with scrambled eggs and sausage links. The staff was friendly, the parking was convenient. We had an excellent stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for taking the time to post your review of Comfort Inn Owatonna MN.

Comfort Inn Owatonna recently completed a full renovation adding additional amenities such as more microvaves and refrigerators, new paint, carpet, and furniture. Our goal is to continue to improve every guests experience, and provide excellect customer service.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again.

Sicerely,
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is an excellent motel, great rooms, fantastic staff and this is the best parking for cars with a separate parking for rv's and tractor trailers.

Let me rant and rave about the rv/truck parking. The car parking is directly in front of the motel like normal, there is a 10 foot grass strip and then you have the rv/truck parking. It's paved with lines for parking. It's far enough from the front of the motel so you won't hear a refrigerated trailer running.

It's within walking distance of several restaurants and a Subway. It's also within walking distance of a Cabella's which can supply cold weather gear and rv stuff to whoever needs it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the excellent review ragarding Comfort Inn of Owatonna MN.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, as well as our hotels location and parking.
We look forward to serving you on future visits to the Owatonna MN area.
Thank you again for taking time to comment on Comfort Inn Owatonna MN.

Vicki Lysne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owatonna
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Owatonna
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Owatonna
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault
Days Inn & Suites Faribault

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!