“"Interesting" Place” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Owatonna
Tonka Bay, MN
“"Interesting" Place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was nicely renovated recently, and out room was comfortable. Sadly, I travel frequently, and I know what mold smells like, and this place has it in spades. The underlayment beneath the capet in the corridors had "potholes" in it, and I twisted my anke, and so did my son. Ok, forgivable things for a hotel of this age and a limited talent pool for staffing from a small town. But when I heard the obnoxious owner/manager badmouthing people in the lobby, I grabbed our stuff and moved next door to the Holiday Inn, even though it costs more. If not for the draw of the outlet mall and Cabellas nearby, there would be no way this place could charge the rates it does.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and for your honest feedback regarding your stay. Comments from our guests are always appreciated, and I can assure you each review is taken very seriously.

Our goal at Comfort Inn Owatonna MN is provide superior customer service. Our Comfort Inn employees take great pride in their roles of creating a positive experience for our guests. Therefore, I am deeply concerned to hear a member of our staff was responsible for allowing you to leave our location with such a poor impression. Please accept my deepest apologies. I want you to know that we will use your comments as a learning tool in order to assure this does not happen again. While I am not aware of any mold problems at this time considering our hotel has undergone all new paint/texture, wall covering, padding/carpeting, and floor tile replaced throughout the entire property within the last year I will investigate your concern.

We truly value your business and I do hope that if you are in the area you will give another try. We would be grateful for the opportunity to show you we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Came into Owatonna on a last minute buisiness trip. I stayed a couple of nights here and had an amazing experience. The rooms were decorated nicely, most importanlty clean, modern, and very elegant. In the mornings I was in a rush but had the chance to stop by the hot breakfast served by the hotel. I was delighted by the number of options to choose from. I would recommend this hotel because it is worth the price you pay, which is not much especially considering the care and the kindness of the staff. I definitely felt "at home" at this hotel. I will come back if in the area again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

First, allow me to thank you for reviewing Comfort Inn Owatonna. We always value hearing from our guest, as you let us know know what we are doing right and where we can improve.

I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our modern rooms and hot breakfast options.
I am pleased to share your comments about our staff's care and kindness with them. We serve many guests each day, and it always great to hear when efforts are rewarded with words of praise. Thank you for recognizing their efforts.

Thank you for staying with us, and we value your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at Comfort Inn during a friend's wedding, loved the hotel. My overall stay at this hotel was a pleasant experience. Hotel is very elegant, rooms are well-priced, and definitely worth staying at. Close to variety of great restaurants and shopping. Friendly staff that provided great service. The breakfast was delicious and those with a sweet tooth, definitely check out the candy store next door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We value your comments and are always pleased when guests like yourself are willing to share your experience at Comfort Inn.

Superior customer service is a priority and it is such a pleasure for me to be able to share your words of praise with our staff. I am also pleased to hear you enjoy our decor.

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our location for restaurants and shopping.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again when you are in the Owatonna area.

Owatonna, MN
wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very clean and decorated with a lodge feel to it. Stayed 2 nights very quiet and the breakfast was outstanding, the lady cleaning up in the breakfast area was very friendly, also close to shopping and great eating areas

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post your review of Comfort Inn Owatonna.
We are always pleased to hear from our guests, and thank you for your compliments.

I am happy to hear you enjoy our northwoods decor, convenient location for shopping,
and hot breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Owatonna, MN
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We got a corner room, separated from the other rooms by a stairwell, so it was wonderfully quiet. We had a fridge and microwave, too, for no extra charge. We asked for extra towels and they arrived right away. We didn't use the pool but we looked at it and it looked clean and nice. The breakfast was great, with scrambled eggs and sausage links. The staff was friendly, the parking was convenient. We had an excellent stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for taking the time to post your review of Comfort Inn Owatonna MN.

Comfort Inn Owatonna recently completed a full renovation adding additional amenities such as more microvaves and refrigerators, new paint, carpet, and furniture. Our goal is to continue to improve every guests experience, and provide excellect customer service.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again.

Sicerely,
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is an excellent motel, great rooms, fantastic staff and this is the best parking for cars with a separate parking for rv's and tractor trailers.

Let me rant and rave about the rv/truck parking. The car parking is directly in front of the motel like normal, there is a 10 foot grass strip and then you have the rv/truck parking. It's paved with lines for parking. It's far enough from the front of the motel so you won't hear a refrigerated trailer running.

It's within walking distance of several restaurants and a Subway. It's also within walking distance of a Cabella's which can supply cold weather gear and rv stuff to whoever needs it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the excellent review ragarding Comfort Inn of Owatonna MN.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, as well as our hotels location and parking.
We look forward to serving you on future visits to the Owatonna MN area.
Thank you again for taking time to comment on Comfort Inn Owatonna MN.

Grand Island, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Person checking us in and person serving breakfast today were very kind.. The service was great! I wish I caught their names... We came in on 7/22.

Likely due to humidity, our first room and it's hallway smelled like dog urine. Our quick move to another room was fixed immediately. Our bathroom fan didn't work but the water was hot. Seemed like a bit pricey for what we got at 100.00/the night.

It was a great pool and hot hot tub that helped invigorate us after a week in the boundary waters

• Stayed July 2012
SAIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review or hotel. We are truly interested in hearing from our guest, and value all comments we recieve.

It is always a pleasure for me to be able to share kind words of praise with our staff on how well they have done. Our focus at Comfort Inn is on customer satisfaction and we strive to be proactive and address any issues as they arise. I am pleased to hear that the front desk was able to move you to a better location during your stay, and that our front desk and breakfast attendant are providing great service. Thank you for sharing the date of your stay, since I was able to personally thank the staff working that day on your behalf.

I am truly sorry about the bad carpet smell, and want you to know that the same staff member had a maintenace request to have the carpets shampooed, which was done the following day.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we see you again on your next trip to the Boundary Waters or any visit to Owatonna. Feel free to contact me personally next time you are in our area and I would be pleased to personally assist you.

Owatonna MN

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!