“Tasty, simple food in noisy surroundings.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 60 restaurants in Owatonna
Cuisines: American
New York City, New York
“Tasty, simple food in noisy surroundings.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Applebee's is fairly new to Owatonna. I think it's been around for a year or so now, but I won't swear to it. I know it's not older than that. Some people I know like it, others don't Allow me to say that I am not an Applebee's fan. I have visited a couple of them and have found them all to be noisy. I also don't see what all the fuss is about the restaurant. It is nothing special. The food is nothing special, either, but it is good, not great, but good. I don't enjoy noise when I eat, so I always order to take-out and with that they excel in speed and service. You call up with your order and when you pull up outside, they come right out with your order. Fast food restaurant's can learn alot from their example. For a non-fast food restaurant, they do a great job of getting your take-out order to you fast. We only experienced one problem with calling in; the person answering the phone must have been deaf or plain stupid, because he couldn't get the order right and we had to ask for a manager. He kept telling us that there was no such item when we had the menu up on the computer screen. The manager knew exactly what we were ordering.
The food is tasty and the prices won't hurt too much, depending on what you're ordering. The specials are easiest on the wallet. I enjoy the lime chicken while my husband favors the burgers, such as the A-1 burger.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love the honey bbq boneless chicken wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2007

Love the honey bbq boneless chicken wings

minnesota
“An Applebee's to be proud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

The service is friendly, the food is delicious and the servers take good care of you without being abtrusive and bothersome. Food I would recommend would be the Oriental Chicken Roll-up or Salad, Honey BBQ Boneless wings, or the Steak and Shrimp platter. Many many other great menu items also. Another highlight would be the $1 draft beers and 1/2 price appetizers after 9pm. An all around fun atmosphere really sets the tone for a great evening out with friends and/or family. A+++++