“Average” 3 of 5 stars

507-444-4000
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 61 Restaurants in Owatonna
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Classic Family Style Restaurant with friendly family pricing for everyone.
Crosslake
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I experienced Olivia's for the first time last night. I asked our server if she had ever had the specials; Beef Stew and Salisbury Steak and she said "no", I asked her if she had served it during the evening and "she didn't think so", she said she didn't like peppers so she wouldn't like the steak. Okay, generally specials are pretty good. So my husband had the beef stew and he it was flavorful although it was so thick, there was no sauce. I am guessing it was made in the morning and they were still serving it. At what point, do you stop serving something? I knew when to stop when I was a server. I had the salisbury steak and the steak itself was rather flavorful, but the mashed potatoes were box potatoes and should never be served and the vegetables were foul. I have never had worse in my life. They didn't taste like a vegetable, it was so weird. I honestly don't know what was wrong with them, just awful. I don't understand why they would serve something like that. I told the server and all she said is sorry; no offering of a replacement or anything. The salads were fresh though.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Breakfast Done Well.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had your usual breakfast. Eggs, Pancakes, Bacon and Hash Browns. Nothing Spectacular, so if you are just looking for a breakfast you can count on and enjoy- this is for you. The waitress' service was very attentive, and my coffee cup was never empty. I also had the oatmeal - VERY good. Prices were very reasonable and we left with full bellies.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miinnesota
“Nice Change from the Chains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We've eaten here several times. Food has alway been good as was the service. Prices are afordable and the menu has a lot of selection. More than Perkin's and the prices are simular or perhaps a little less. Great food for the money. This is a family restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awful food, poor service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

From a family restaurant I expected more and received less. We sat down and ordered...a table of four came in after and received their food before us. I ordered French dip... my bread was soggy and my meat was dry. My husband ordered the skillet and half the meat was fat and didn't didn't have the toppings it was supposed too. The overall service was not great. I guess you get what you pay for.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere