“great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Owatonna
bloomfield, Iowa, United States
“great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been staying here for over 2 months now for work and its been a great experience. the staff is great. Every time i have checked in Sue would be working the front desk and she is such a sweet heart. She will always put a smile on everyone's face. The Breakfast is good but after two months gets old hahaha. But i will be looking forward to staying here for a few more months. And yes the renovations are a hassle but they are doing what they have to do to make it a better place for the people who stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here four nights while visiting family. Good accommodations, welcoming and responsive staff. Wonderful breakfast buffet. Sue S. was our “mom” and guide away from home. She was the face of AmericInn Owatonna, and is the main reason we’ll stay here when we return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AIOwatonna, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Sue is definitely a great asset to our company. Thank you for choosing Americinn Hotel and Suites-Owatonna. We look forward to having you here again in the future.

Tammy Nerad
Guest Service Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Why in the world would you schedule renovations during the busiest time of the season?
IE: During the Steel County Fair? Won't you loose business by cancelling peoples reservations during the Steel county fair or down grading them to other rooms?
Maybe you have so much business that you just don't care about public relations as someone will likely rent those rooms even with the inconvenience. Huh.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AIOwatonna, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. You are correct that we are in the process of updating our hotel, but we have made every effort to make sure that it does not adversely affect any of our guests. So far, I am not aware of cancellations or loss of reservations due to the renovations. Thank you again for your interest. We look forward to showing off our new look shortly!
Saint Paul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

By and large, the accomodations were just fine; it was the service that was unbelievably weird! We returned in the evening after having been out of room for 13 hours to find that there had been no housekeeping. I went to the front desk and complained. I was told that "stayovers," that is people who stay more than one night do not get their linens changed. Yes, I understand that we don't get fresh sheets each night and we are asked to re-use towels; it's on the laminated sign in the room. I was told that we only get fresh towels if we drop them on the floor outside the room. I was told by the desk clerk that housekeepers do not enter the rooms for "stayovers" because of the danger of contamination by body fluids. She further explained that this is the law and that it is the same at all hotels. I travel extensively, staying it hotels of all grades at least 60 nights per year and I have never heard about this haz mat law. Did it come into existence last week? Just because housekeeping doesn't want to touch my allegedly contaminated sheets why couldn't they empty the trash, replace the towels, replenish the coffee and vacuum? I have stayed at several other hotels when I travel to Owatonna and I can assure you, no matter how well they retrain their staff I will never, never stay at the AmericInn again. In fact, I might consider boycotting the whole chain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AIOwatonna, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I must express my regrets for your less than satisfactory experience. This is certainly not our standard of performance and we have taken several steps to ensure consistent, excellent service every time. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience experienced during your arrival.
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had (2) reservations for rooms and when I arrived I was told that the rooms were not available due to renovations. I don't know how they could take a reservation a week earlier and than not have a room without notifying me. We were told that we would not be invoiced and a week later I was charged a cancellation fee. I will no longer make any reservations with AmericInn, I had to drive 45 minutes to find another room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time share your reservation experience. It’s unfortunate that we did not have the specific room type you requested and could only offer you comparable rooms. This can happen when a reservation is booked through a third party website since they sometimes book a room reservation but not a specific room type. Ninety-nine percent of the time we are able to honor the guest’s choice of room type at check-in, but sadly we could not accommodate you. By booking reservations on the brand websites this issue will not arise in the future.

We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of service for each one of our guests. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went to Owatonna for a family wedding. Selected the hotel since it was close the reception hall. It was also right off the highway and walking distance to some fast food places. We called ahead and request a early check in if possible since we were come from a great distance which they accommodated us about 1.5 hours prior to check in. Staff up front was ok, not great or bad. There uniforms did look a little sloppy, same with a few others I seen around. The hall we were on at the hotel seemed to be replacing the kick board or molding. We were there two days and seen nobody working on it Made it have a low quality feel. The room was partially update with a flat screen tv and granite on the bathroom sink area, but it was very small/tight. The carpet looked outdated/older, along with the bed covers. The breakfast was ok. I would say the room it was in wasn't big enough to accommodate the number of people there and again had a low rate feel. Bottom line is my wife and myself were glad to leave and wish we would have stayed 4 miles north at the Cabela's exit. Nicer restaurants, area and hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jack S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna and thank you for your feedback. As you pointed out - yes - we are in the middle of a lot of changes that will make our hotel better! We are updating - carpet, new granite and sinks, new furniture, and beautiful new linen ... even our staff uniforms will be different. As you came on a weekend, we of course were very busy and it would have been very inconvenient for anyone to be working when the hotel is full. But, during the weekday, the hotel is full of contractors working as hard & fast as they can to get the work done! I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced and I invite you to come back and see the changes. We are on track to be done by the end of summer! - Thanks so much for the comments and call me directly to make reservations for your next stay! Sincerely, Jennifer Martin - General Manager
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I have stayed several times at the Owatonna, MN AmericInn Motel. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. If back in the area again, we would definitely stay at the AmericInn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review! It is always good to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back soon! Not only are we clean - comfortable and in a great location ... we are investing in the hotel to complete renovations by late summer! We are very excited to be even better in the future and hope you come back to see the changes! Thanks Again!! Jennifer Martin - General Manager

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna? Share your experiences!