“Below average.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Owatonna
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Below average.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The girl at the front desk came off as very crabby upon our arrival. She never smiled once. When we arrived at our room, the key cards didn't work. I went back to front desk and the girl re-scanned the cards and said they were having problems. She never apologized for the mishap. Room was okay except for the fact that there was a lot of long, blonde hair wrapped around the handle and back of the hairdryer (gross). The bathroom light switch was on the same wall as the shower head and in line with the tub. I felt the light switch was a hazard being so close to the shower. I refused to take a shower or use the hairdryer. There was a different lady at the front desk in the morning and she was very friendly (which helped redeem the hotel). Otherwise the location was good and the other areas of the hotel in decent condition.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jack S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Good or Bad ... We love to hear your feedback. I am so sorry that the service you received at check-in was not at our normal standards. We have continuous training to address issues such as this and I am glad that you found a friendly face upon check-out! I also will use this review to help "open the eyes" of the ones that clean and inspect rooms. ALSO, although the light switches are up to code and we have not had any problems ... as we do our current renovations we are moving the light switch because of this perception. I hope that you accept my apology for any issues you might have had. I also invite you to come back to see and experience our new renovations! These improvements, that are due to be completed by late summer, are sure to put us in the "way above average" category! Thanks again – Jennifer Martin, General Manager

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had 2 rooms and everyone was happy. The kids loved the pool, despite swimming lessons going on for part of the time. The breakfast was very good. Most exceptional is the front staff. They went out of their way to help us enjoy our stay, especially Sue S. Restaurants near by. Easy on and off I-35. Brochures and maps of attractions available.
Warm atmosphere. We really liked this motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!! It sounds like your experience here was good and then made even more special by our wonderful Lead Guest Services Rep - Sue! I am glad the kids loved the pool! Just so you know ... we try to give back to our community by letting our city use the pool - however - we never want to inconvenience our guests! This relationship is being looked into and we will probably discontinue the Community Ed Swim Classes in the future and find another way to be involved. Thanks for the feedback ... & ... Please come back to see us soon! Jennifer Martin ~ General Manager
Carefree, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The room was clean, the internet worked fine, and there is an Applebee's across the parking lot. The staff was friendly and responsive. The only problem was the breakfast, where they ran out of eggs, and some other items. Lots of construction workers here, and they brought their appetites.

Room Tip: There are three entrances. We parked our motorcycle under the portico at the east entrance. The ea...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review Gary! We appreciate you letting us know that you were happy with the room (we just got all new beds) and with our internet service ... those are important!!! We are in the middle of a property improvement plan that will make us even better ... Yes … some of the workers are staying here and they do have an appetite! I am so sorry that we ran out of anything! It happens ... but we do our best to replace items ASAP! Thanks for the tip on the motorcycles and letting all know about the "quieter" east side of the hotel - something our front desk can offer in the future! Take care, safe travels & we hope to have you back sometime soon! - Sincerely ... Jennifer Martin, GM
Mason City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My family will stay at this hotel again for sure!! The staff was informative, helpful and friendly. The hotel was extremely clean and conveniently located. The updated room was lovely and very comfortable! Our baseball team loved the pool and the free breakfast and I loved that the Medford Outlet mall is so close to the hotel! Kudos to manager Jennifer Martin and her staff!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed just one night, the desk clerk was very nice and accommodating the room was ok, looks like it needs some updating! The pool area was nice not very busy! The breakfast was good, a lot to choose from, ,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AIOwatonna, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of renovating the hotel and it should be completed by the end of the summer. Improvements include ... new public space carpet and painting - new lobby furniture and in the rooms new granite - sinks - carpet - furniture and beautiful new linens! We look forward to completing this project ... and ... we look forward to having you back again to see the changes! Thanks so much for staying & we hope to see you again soon! Jennifer Martin - GM
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This AmericInn is a great property with great management. I had a nice room that was very clean with exceptional attention to detail. My hats off to the cleaning lady as she did an excellent job. I asked for and recieved extra towels, they had a very nicely equipped breakfast and I will stay again. I find that AmericInn has a great standards level for their properties.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nice reviews are always good to see ... thank you! If you enjoyed your last stay ... I invite you to come back to see our current renovations! You will think you are in a new place ... Public Space & Sleeping rooms both! All AmericInn Hotels are putting a lot of $ out to complete a brand wide improvement plan. We are happy to be a part of it and our work should be done by late summer. Standards are high here ... both service and rooms! We love being a part of such a great company! Thank you for all your great comments and we hope to have you back soon!
New London, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Thanks for a great comfortable,clean,inviting stay! Being an employee of an AmericInn I pick and choose very carefully of where I stay . I loved the choices of food places as my boyfriend big fan of KFC me I like Applebees so we had some of both! Keep up the great work you do to all the staff & General Manager Jennifer. P.S. I loved the big TOWELS!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Owatonna? Share your experiences!