“Suite stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Owatonna
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Suite stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Super friendly staff, amazing breakfast and lovely rooms. Check in was a breeze. The rooms were fairly standard hotel rooms but immaculate. The beds were amazingly comfortable. We bumped into a lot of friendly staff who were always kind and helpful if they saw I needed a hand with mt two babies. I seriously felt that my 2 year old got a little spoiled there during our stay! I noticed other guests having friendly exchanges with staff as well. Great breakfast! Seriously worth at least $15 per person!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a mostly good experience at this hotel. Everything was clean & comfortable. The service was excellent. Breakfast was good on Sat, but on Sun, it was so packed (Memorial weekend, so expected), there was nowhere to sit. One lady was nice enough to move her & her daughter since we had someone with us that was handicapped. The attendants couldn't keep the food (& utensils & cups) coming fast enough b/c there were so many kids and adults too. That was the only thing negative. Everything else was great!

• Stayed May 2013
Owatonna, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Due to HORRIBLE weather on my way home from working out of the state, I pulled off the highway to stay for the night, stopped two other places before finding a room here. First off Jessica at the front desk greeted me with a warm smile and welcomed me right in. She was able to get me the last available room in the hotel for the night. The entire facility is clean and bright! Room was in wonderful shape and was above my expectations. I had less than stellar expectations, but was impressed by the great room and EXCELLENT customer service from Jessica, who called to check if all was ok and if I needed anything for my stay. Because I hadn't planned on staying the night, I didn't have any toiletries... One phone call to Jessica and I was greeted at my door with a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and even detergent for the guest washing machines! If I'm ever in the area again I will stop here in a heart beat!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Wheaton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

As we travel to Owatonna each year for a show we have stayed in a less expensive hotel but this year we decided to upgrade to Carlson's Country Inn. Best thing we ever did! Quiet, clean, excellent breakfast and very friendly staff. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

It was as if my wife and I were placed in an empty room and instructed to build the perfect motel room. We would have built the very room we stayed in in Owatonna, MN.
Staff were friendly, efficient and accommodating.
Pool area was clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was filling with diverse food choices.
Country Inn & Suites will be our first choice place to stay from this point forward.

• Stayed March 2013
rosemount
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Poor communication between staff. We got kicked out a night before we were supposed to leave town. We arrived on a Tuesday and told the front desk person that we would like to stay through Thursday (we originally booked Tuesday and Wednesday) night as well, he said that wasn't a problem and got our reservation in, pending a phone call from my company authorizing the credit card for an additional stay. Our company called on Wednesday and they authorized the card, I even double checked with another front desk person on Wednesday night that we were good to go, she said yes you are all set up. Wake up Thursday morning with a check out bill at our door and the hotel full, they told us they couldn't accommodate us as it was valentines day and were were forced to find another hotel in the area. There was two of us, and they did call me and say they had a cancellation and that we could share one room.

Being out of town on a business trip, this was a huge inconvenience, and it appeared the front desk people did not care one bit, including the manager. When I brought it to the front desk persons attention she seemed aggregated and frustrated with me, constantly sighing. We come to Owatonna a few times a month for business and will never be coming back to this place.

Also, there was black hairs all over my top sheet when i pulled the covers back (I have blond hair).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Owatonna, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience while staying at our hotel. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right; my apologies for the miscommunication you feel occurred with our staff. Although you advised us of your extended stay plans, I was involved with the correspondence that occurred with your company in regard to the changes/authorization and was informed otherwise.
We strive to accommodate all guest requests within our available means; we appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Kelly Boomgarden
Central Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Date of stay was Thursday Jan 10th 2013. Wonderful location, right off the Bridge Street Exit off I 35 North bound. Easy to get in and out of. Clean rooms, very comfortable bed. Really helpful and friendly staff, especially Cady and Allen. Also there is a great sit down and be served restaurant across the way from the hotel called Torey's , http://www.toreys.net , that has EXCELLENT food and great service that the Cady recommended when I asked if there was a place to get steak near by. You also get 10% off your bill there by showing them your room key. The hotel is really just located perfect- there is a gas station right there ,as well as a movie theater, as well as several other dinning choices if you prefer fast food to a sit down establishment. There is a little strip mall across the way that has a Great Clips hair salon and also a nail place, dont remember the name, as well as the Toreys restaurant . If we are ever in the area again we will be staying at Country Inn & Suites again for sure. They have a really nice breakfast in the mornings as well as cookies in a jar which were nice and soft not hard bricks. Their coffee is even drinkable my husband points out which is a step above most hotel offerings. The hotel also has a decent size indoor pool. Our room was 212 and when we go upstairs and I saw that we were right next to the elevator I wasn't really expecting a very pleasant stay but I was wrong it was still very quiet. The rooms hold temperature Exceedingly well, just an FYI. The price isnt real high or real low its a nice moderately and fair priced hotel with teh perfect location! Cant say enough good things about Cady and Allen especially. I hope that their manager and the owner know how lucky they are to have them because for me they are why I will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Owatonna? Share your experiences!