“Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Owatonna
Central Wisconsin
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Date of stay was Thursday Jan 10th 2013. Wonderful location, right off the Bridge Street Exit off I 35 North bound. Easy to get in and out of. Clean rooms, very comfortable bed. Really helpful and friendly staff, especially Cady and Allen. Also there is a great sit down and be served restaurant across the way from the hotel called Torey's , http://www.toreys.net , that has EXCELLENT food and great service that the Cady recommended when I asked if there was a place to get steak near by. You also get 10% off your bill there by showing them your room key. The hotel is really just located perfect- there is a gas station right there ,as well as a movie theater, as well as several other dinning choices if you prefer fast food to a sit down establishment. There is a little strip mall across the way that has a Great Clips hair salon and also a nail place, dont remember the name, as well as the Toreys restaurant . If we are ever in the area again we will be staying at Country Inn & Suites again for sure. They have a really nice breakfast in the mornings as well as cookies in a jar which were nice and soft not hard bricks. Their coffee is even drinkable my husband points out which is a step above most hotel offerings. The hotel also has a decent size indoor pool. Our room was 212 and when we go upstairs and I saw that we were right next to the elevator I wasn't really expecting a very pleasant stay but I was wrong it was still very quiet. The rooms hold temperature Exceedingly well, just an FYI. The price isnt real high or real low its a nice moderately and fair priced hotel with teh perfect location! Cant say enough good things about Cady and Allen especially. I hope that their manager and the owner know how lucky they are to have them because for me they are why I will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I had a great stay at the Country Inn and Suites! The rooms are very clean the service was excellent! The free breakfast in the morning was a great benefit. Everything was well stocked and they had a great variety of options. I will definitely be returning to the Country Inn and Suites. Thank you for such a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My stay at the Country Inn and Suites was a very pleasant experience. They had many varieties at breakfast of what I could eat for food. And it was overall very nice. I rather enjoyed the pool and the fitness center. I'm looking forward to my next day at the Country Inn and Suites in Owatonna.

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here recently for a night on business. Front desk staff were very friendly and very thorough on explanation of breakfast, services, etc. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was in good shape. I typically stay in Marriott's, and sometimes in this level of a hotel, the room leaves something to be desired. I found it to be better than most! The room was quiet, and I was next to the elevator. Overall, would stay again if needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed one night on our way home from the Elko/New Market area. It is a very convenient hotel located right off I-35. We checked in a little late in the evening but the receptionists were very friendly and helpful. They gave me all the information I needed including when breakfast was served the next morning. The room was neat and clean. It is looked near a gas station and a few fast-food restaurants along with a few sit-down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cheney, Kansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We chose to stay at another Country Inn as our stay in Baxter MN was so good. Well, it just goes to show you that chain hotels are not the same in each town. The hotel was decent enough, but the pool? The entire thing was only 3 to 3.5 feet deep and very small. For someone with a teenager, it was quite a let down.
The room was pretty good and the breakfast the next moring decent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Owatonna CIS B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Owatonna, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience while staying at our hotel. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Owatonna Country Inn & Suites in mind next time your stay in area.

Kelly Boomgarden
Mankato, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Nice stop. Nothing fancy but clean, updated, nice bed, nice shower, microwave, fridge, flat screen tv...all at a decent price. I will stay again when I am in Owatonna. Thanks for the good night's sleep!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Owatonna? Share your experiences!