“My stay at Country Inn and Suites” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Owatonna
“My stay at Country Inn and Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My stay at the Country Inn and Suites was a very pleasant experience. They had many varieties at breakfast of what I could eat for food. And it was overall very nice. I rather enjoyed the pool and the fitness center. I'm looking forward to my next day at the Country Inn and Suites in Owatonna.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here recently for a night on business. Front desk staff were very friendly and very thorough on explanation of breakfast, services, etc. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was in good shape. I typically stay in Marriott's, and sometimes in this level of a hotel, the room leaves something to be desired. I found it to be better than most! The room was quiet, and I was next to the elevator. Overall, would stay again if needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed one night on our way home from the Elko/New Market area. It is a very convenient hotel located right off I-35. We checked in a little late in the evening but the receptionists were very friendly and helpful. They gave me all the information I needed including when breakfast was served the next morning. The room was neat and clean. It is looked near a gas station and a few fast-food restaurants along with a few sit-down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cheney, Kansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We chose to stay at another Country Inn as our stay in Baxter MN was so good. Well, it just goes to show you that chain hotels are not the same in each town. The hotel was decent enough, but the pool? The entire thing was only 3 to 3.5 feet deep and very small. For someone with a teenager, it was quite a let down.
The room was pretty good and the breakfast the next moring decent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Owatonna CIS B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Owatonna, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience while staying at our hotel. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Owatonna Country Inn & Suites in mind next time your stay in area.

Kelly Boomgarden
Mankato, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Nice stop. Nothing fancy but clean, updated, nice bed, nice shower, microwave, fridge, flat screen tv...all at a decent price. I will stay again when I am in Owatonna. Thanks for the good night's sleep!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
des moines iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

this hotel is just off of I-35 and very convenient. my room was very nice and very roomy. i really like the couch and chair.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms over the pool area
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Maplewood, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night before heading on to visit relatives. We booked the room online and the rate was comparble to the other hotels in the area. When we arrived we discovered the hotel was basically full because of a boys squirt hockey tournament. There were many kids in pool and hot tub all evening, we decided not to use either.

The bed was comfortable, but a little soft for our taste. The bed was not sunken in though. The room was very clean however our room was small. The room was generally pretty good at blocking out the sound of the kids running up and down the hallways until about 10pm, but did not block out all the noise. Thankfully they did actually go to bed around 10pm.
We would consider staying here again, but would also check other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Owatonna? Share your experiences!