“Albert Lea location--best restaurant in a mall setting” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Mexican, Tex Mex and American Restaurant
Clarks Grove, Minnesota
“Albert Lea location--best restaurant in a mall setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The restaurant at the Albert Lea location is located inside the front doors of the Bridge St. Mall. They've done a good job of making it informal--they've even worked in a "streetscape patio" dining experience.

The food is good--and offers both "Tex-Mex" (Americanized Mexican food) and authentic dishes. The price is reasonable, the portions are filling, and the senior portions are more than enough.

Visited October 2012

minnesota
“Lunches are awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great homemade tortilla chips and salsa. They keep refilling the baskets. Their chimichangas are to die for. Every menu selection is just great.

Visited August 2012
Dodge Center, MN
“Favorite local Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We love the friendly wait staff and great food! Service is fast and fun! We play weekly sand volleyball here in the summer and love it!!!

Visited August 2012
Fargo, ND
“Fairly good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I ordered a hard shell taco and got a soft shell. I also ordered a chili rellano and it contained lots of seeds. The fried ice cream wad good though. I will probably come back because overall it was pretty good, and the service was fine.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Albert Lea location had horrible lunch service and bugs in water.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

We love going to Mexican restaurants, however Plaza Morena will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. I agree with other reviewers that the salsa was bland, however my kids did enjoy it.

We waited over ten minutes for anyone to come to our table after we were seated. We are used to getting chips and salsa and our drink order taken right away! Our server was so soft spoken and quiet I am not sure when he finally did come to the table if he asked for our drink order or our food order!

My husband ordered water with lemon as his drink. Lemon was forgotten. We did order the Flaming Cheese appetizer, mostly for the kids. They light it at the table. I am not sure if there is supposed to be some fanfare accompanied with this, but what a missed opportunity! It seemed be a chore.

The flavor and the quanity of the food was good, however as my husband was drinking his water he noticed the bug floating in it. Gross. At that point we were pretty much done eating.

We had to wait again for our server to come back at his leisure. By this time my husband had taken the kids out to the car. I showed him the bug in the glass. He didn't really apologize or anthing, so I asked him if he saw it. He said yes and then we both were silent... I was waiting for an apology... Not sure what he was waiting for. He left the check and walked away.

Went to cashier to pay (manager?) and he asked me how everything was. I told him about the bug in the water and he just looked at me. I told him I showed our server and the cashier/manager said "the guy comes in and sprays for bugs once a month." WOW. First of all... how about an "I'm sorry." Second, why ask how was everything if you don't want to know the answer or even want to try and fix the problem! Very disapointing service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere