“All good in my book” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Owatonna
Wilmington, Delaware
“All good in my book”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The staff in the hotel and restuarant were just really helpful and full of energy. It made the stay very nice. I do, as another traveler indicated have an issue with the light switch that turns out all lights (very odd).

Super clean place workout room was in great shape. I very large lobby giving you the feeling of a lodge.

This place is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We thought the water park was perfect for our 8 and 4 year old. They had a great time!
It was clean, very well watched over by the lifeguards, etc.
The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly. A couple of complaints though. The 1st floor walk to the water park was freezing, light switch in the room turned out all lights, so no reading before going to bed. You could turn off the light by the bed, but only way to have it on was by the switch by the door. So you have overhead lights on at the same time. We thought we had our phones charging all night, but I guess when we switched the light off, all outlets went off. Crazy!

We would stay here again, but just knowing the outlet situation.

Room Tip: I would not want to be on the bottom floor with the water park.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lake Mills, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Kids loved the water park. Perfect for my 8 and 4 year old. Plenty of stuff to keep them busy, no it isn't huge, but for a smaller town and for a decent price it worked for us. The staff at the water park, the hotel and the resturarunt was awesome. No complaints with them either.
We did have some issues with the noise, you can hear everything in the hallways while in your room. Also we had to have our light switch by the door on to turn all the lamps on and the electrical outlets, that seems really strange. Would also like a free breakfast too. But all in all would go back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I've spent 8 nights here over the last month and have been very pleased with every aspect of my stay(s). Courteous & attentive staff provide excellent service. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I've eaten a half dozen meals in the adjoining restaurant and it is the best restaurant in Owatonna. I didn't go into the waterpark but from everything I heard, it is a great place for families/children. Highly recommend this HI if you are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel could be so much better. For starters we were very disappointed in the water park.
1. The water park is very small, and not much fun for a family of three.
2. We were there well over an hour and they had ZERO towels available. It is pretty cold standing around dripping wet when they have blown the whistle for a mandatory break. We asked several employees several times about getting towels and they claimed they were all in the laundry! They refused to call the front desk and we ended up using napkins to dry off a tad. After heading to our room and changing we promptly went down to the front desk to discuss our disappointment, we were not happy to find out they refused to do anything for us. It would have been nice to at least receive a free drink ticket or breakfast voucher.
3. As far as rooms go it was just OK nothing to brag about. The sofa bed was not comfy and the queen bed was pretty hard. Plus the room had a bit of a musty odor.
4. I don't even want to get started on the horrible service we received during breakfast! I don't think our waitress Shelia should have been feeding her face at the Buffet and not getting us our beverages and then the check. We are disappointed overall in the poor customer service we received at this hotel. The book in our room stated that if we were not satisfied to bring it to their attention and they would make it right, well we brought things to their attention and we didn't even receive an I am sorry. I have to say I don't plan on returning anytime soon.

• Stayed July 2012
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hotel looked new, rooms were clean and had all needed amenities. Family had a great time at the waterpark, and the staff were great. The location of this hotel is perfect. Restaurant was good. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Our family had a great stay. Our kids are 8, 6, 3 and 1. IF YOU HAVE KIDS 10 AND UNDER, THIS IS A PERFECT PLACE TO STAY. We paid $179 for a room with 2 queen beds, which included five wristbands for the waterpark. We were told our 1 year old did not need a wristband. Our four kids ate free at the restaurant the evening we arrived and also at the breakfast buffet Saturday morning. The restaurant was very good. Food was similar in quality and selection as an Applebees or TGIFridays. The environment of the restaurant was very kid friendly and our waitress Friday evening was so friendly and accomodating. Our room had two queen beds, a microwave and mini refrigerator. The waterpark was not very busy, but considering we visited the second week in August and we had beautiful weather it was not too surprising that most people were likely spending their time outdoors and not at an indoor waterpark. The waterpark has a tube slide (1 and 2 person tubes), a body slide, a lazy river loop, a zero entry toddler pool area with a small slide, water features, and a waterpolo/basketball hoop area. There were lifeguards at the tops and bottoms of both waterslides and walking along and monitoring the pool areas. The maximum depth at the base of the slides was 3 and 1/2 feet. My 8 and 6 year old girls had a blast going on both waterslides by themselves and I felt safe letting them do so. The lifeguards were friendly and did a good job of redirecting behavior that was not safe. They also enjoyed the lazy river loop, which was small compared to most waterparks, but that is also what made this place such a great place for us. I spent most of my time with my 3 year old going down the tube slide with him in my lap. He loved it! And he loved floating with me on a tube in the lazy river as well. Our 1 year old enjoyed floating in tubes with us in the lazy river and going down the slide with me in the toddler pool area. There is a large arcade adjacent to the pool area that we did not go into, but looked like a hit with the tween and teen aged kids. I have never written a review of any hotel I have stayed in, but our stay was just so perfect for our family I felt compelled to write a great review of this place. I was so surprised when I saw the negative reviews posted for this hotel. We had a great stay and all people in the hotel, restaurant and waterpark were friendly. Our stay was a last minute reservation made the same day we arrived, so I had not packed a lifejacket for our 3 year old. There were two lifejackets in the snack area that the woman behind the snack counter offered me when I asked if they happend to have a lifejacket for our 3 year old. If I could offer a suggestion it would be to have more lifejackets available for toddlers. However, Cabela's is located next to the hotel, so had we been staying more than one night I would have likley purchased one there. We have a waterpark in our town and we have been to very large waterparks Wisconsin Dells area. This waterpark was better than your standard hotel pool but small compared to major waterparks and that is why we liked it. It was small enough to be able to keep track of our four kids easily and was staffed by lifeguards which allowed my 8 and 6 year old a little freedom from my watchful eye and allowed me to spend time with my 3 and 1 year old too! Is it the Ritz-Carlton, of course not, but I was not expecting that. I felt with the free meals for our kids and five waterpark wristbands it was a great value! We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna? Share your experiences!