“Nice stores, high prices” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Owatonna
Activities: Shopping, Dining
Saint Paul
“Nice stores, high prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The presentation at the store is top notch. With all of the stuffed dead animals and all of the decor, this place is really nice. Usually a mad house on the weekends too with people walking around everywhere. I found that all of their items are marked up and pretty high in price. Unless you can find a good price online on their website, it's really not worth buying here. Prices are inflated and you can find the same thing online or at another store. Some people are crazy hard-core fans and buy everything from this place. They obviously have money to burn, or at least, burn their spending money in this manner. I rather save money and go get the deal elsewhere. Sales are usually found on their website but stuff goes fast too, so you have to get it at the right time to save.

Visited December 2012

Iowa
28 attraction reviews
“Never been a fan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Anytime I can avoid going to Cabela's I will. I do give them an extra star because you can get a lot of things there. But I have always had a hard time finding the things I am looking for. Most of the time it is hard to find someone that will help and if they do try they don't know what they are talking about. With that being said, we were going to take some friends and their kids there to check out the big store. Just be aware their hours in the store don't match what their web site says.

Visited January 2013
MOOSE JAW
“Great, like every Cabela's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

These stores, although they vary in size, are very similar in format and content. This one has the usual friendly and helpful staff, and it was fun to visit. Now that we have about 21/2 hours from home, it isn't quite so novel, but still a good experience.

Visited January 2013
Faribault
“fall shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am in need of clothing. I lost a lot of weight and Cabela's had a sale. Love their sales. Almost all of my clothes comes from Cabelas. I found two shirts and a sweater. I have my eye on a jacket for my next trip.

Visited November 2012
Rochester, Minnesota
“Shopping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have been to Cabela's many times, it has a lot. The place is the largest outdoor/hunting retailer I have ever seen, but the brand selection is limited to almost exclusively Cabela brand and everything is extremely over-priced.

Visited December 2012

Been to Cabela's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cabela's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.