I'll keep this short and sweet (or not so sweet):
We had one night left unbooked on our BI visit to family. I had inquired at staying at the Mango Sunset on a Tuesday night via email. Three days later I called the B&B to follow up. I opened the conversation with a super friendly "just following up with my inquiry that I had emailed a few days ago....---couldn't even finish my sentence before I was cut off.
I was taken back by the sternness and shortness by the gentleman on the other end, who didn't even let me finish my question. He cut me off by asking who I was, what my email was regarding, and---as I'm trying to reply to these questions--- he's informing me that I had wanted to stay Sunday night for one night (incorrect) and stated that they did get the email but as clearly stated on their website they have a two night minimum and that they don't have time to respond to those kinds of questions. I went to reply.... but he cut me off again.
I couldn't finish my question before he said ok, thank you bye. Hangs up.
I honestly was so taken back by the first call I thought I should call back and mention where I got the idea from so that he didn't have any further inquires for the same type of thing. I called back a minute later and barely got the words out that I too am a family business owner and I don't like stupid questions ------I couldn't even finish my sentence without him cutting me off the tell me that he's working over 50 hours a week, doesn't have the time -----and hangs up on me again!! Jaw dropped. I"m thinking are you kidding me?
As quoted from the Mango Sunset B&B website:
"Two night minimum. Some exceptions on request ($25.00 cleaning fee)."
I find it rather frustrating that 1) a simple email can't be acknowledged 2) you get hung up on when you call to inquire because there's already a predisposed annoyance with one night inquires 3) so poorly treated when you're just trying to support a local business.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Sunset Bnb At Lyman Farms Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Mango Sunset Bnb At Lyman Farms Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Farm-style BnB, located on our gold-medal-winning Organic Kona Coffee Estate. Hot breakfasts plus our Kona Coffee, fruit, juice included. Serene, secluded, cozy, in 2100 ft., private driveway & parking. Breathtaking ocean views across our Kona Coffee Farm from the West Lanai and the Gazebo, where to serve our breakfast for all. Minutes from Kona town and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Mango Sunset BnB at Lyman Farms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.