“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 24 Restaurants in Oakdale
Cuisines: Italian
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We should of known being the only people in the restaurant.... Salad was plain....what a rabbit would eat...only received about 10 leafs of lettuce on a tiny plate if that...no dressing......bread was gross. Balsamic tasted old....got the food...tiny plate for the price. Flavor was okay but I could of cooked better at home for half the cost. We got to go boxes....brought bruschetta home to my mother. She did not like it. She usually loves it. Needless to say our leftovers will go in the trash and we will NOT be back. Anyone want a $25 coupon?

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Should have stayed closed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

The prices would have been justified, if the food would have been good, it wasn't. The bar looked nice, the rest of the place looked like a school lunchroom.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Friendly staff, reasonable prices, but average quality food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and I decided to go to Pino's as part of date night. We had previously gotten a Groupon deal ($15 for $30 worth). We were sat down immediately by a waitstaff and shortly thereafter, someone took our drink and food orders. While waiting, we looked around us to observe the ambience, and noticed that the atmosphere was simple and clean. The lights were adequate but we thought it would've been nice if they were a little dimmer (our experience with Italian restaurants was that they usually gave a romantic vibe). We were surprised when our appetizers came so quickly (Calamari). It tasted ok, but there were a couple of times I thought I bit into raw squid because of the weird taste. Our main dishes were Gnocchi alla Gorgonzola and Pollo Saltimbocca. My husband and I agreed that the dishes were good but were "one or two notches above reheated frozen Italian food" - nothing really to write home about. For dessert, we ordered Cannoli, which tasted really good actually.
Our server was very friendly and very engaging. It certainly helped us enjoy the food and the atmosphere.
All in all, our experience in Pino's was not bad, but it definitely won't be at the top of our list next time we think of going to an Italian, or any other restaurant, for that matter.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Stay away- horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

my friend and I went to Pinos with a coupon. The atmosphere was very nice. The wait person didn't speak english very well and kept having to go to another server to translate. When we finally got our order, my friends food was so spicy she couldn't eat it. The service said she was so sorry about that and could she get her something else? When our bill arrived we were charged for the meal that couldn't be eaten as well as the replacement food. We questioned the server who said well, you ordered both so you pay for both. Explaining that the second one was a replacement one she just slouched. The owner also said he wasn't 'giving away' food and that we would have to pay for both. On top of that they charged us 18% tip. Service was terrible, and we were lied to regarding the replacement meal. I would not send my dog there to eat.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Woodbury, MN
“Good food, beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

My wife and I used to frequest the old Pino's location, and were happy to see that they reopened. The new location is in an old shopping center, so we weren't expecting a lot in the way of decor, but were pleasantly surprised with the modern and clean space. I had a specialty pizza and my wife had an entree, and both were excellent. I don't think people will realize how nice this place is from the shabby mall location, but it really is an upscale family restaurant. I wish they would advertise or use coupons to get people in the door. We hope they make it.