“Top notch customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oakdale
Tampa, FL
“Top notch customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for work this past week and have to rave about the customer service. Every single one of the staff went out of his/her way to be attentive and extremely friendly. As someone who formerly traveled every week for work, this is one of the friendlies staffs I have run into. Our rental car battery died about an hour before an important meeting and 4 staff members scurried to find jumper cables to jump our car and then tell us the quickest route to make our meeting. It was really out of the ordinary to find such attentive staff.

Also their morning breakfast is more like a real restaurant breakfast than other hotels in this category. Fresh eggs, bacon, french toast, fruit, and lots more...

The restaurant is also really good for this level hotel and room service even brought "a little piece of cake" with my room service order as a nice gesture (I didn't order dessert).

The only negative I would say is that I had to buy travel sized toothpaste at the hotel sundry shop, but I think all Hiltons are going to this rather than complimentary "forgotten items' as in the past.

I agree with another reviewer that the towels in the bathrooms could use an upgrade but they're much better than the towels at Marriott's Fairfield Inn.

I'd definitely stay here again, the staff was top notch, the location is in excellent proximity to highways and lots of restaurants (many national chains across the way), and not far from the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I walked in thinking, "Not bad at all." The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. There was a little confusion regarding our reservation, but he was kind and understanding. The problem was solved. Initially, we wanted to stay in Stillwater but the hotels we looked into were full. That's what brought us here. The location is great. We have a baby with us so time is everything! We haven't tried the breakfast yet, but I know it will be great. The housekeeping staff were friendly too. Typically, they wouldn't bother saying hello but the staff here are great. I noticed a previous reviewer mentioned that he found hair in the bathroom that probably belonged to a maid. Well, they are all wearing hairnets now! I love how someone (the GM) actually reads these reviews and makes changes. We will recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed August 2012
Chesterfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel and we had a great experience both times. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located to the freeways and
there are lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Hate the air con heat system. Can't hear the tv when it is on wakes you up at night when it comes on. Attentive staff,clean breakfast is good.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
I am so sorry you experienced noise issues with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and I am very sorry to hear you didn’t experience that. It’s nice to hear that you enjoyed our staff and our breakfast. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to make your stay with us more enjoyable next time.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Sadly, this may be the best choice in the Woodbury area, other then the Sheraton.
It is an average Hilton Garden Inn but showing it's age in some areas. Scuff or dirt marks on the walls; craked bathroom tiles; maid hairs on bathroom floor and in tub - there not mine as I have no hair!
The towels need replacing, as all of them seem to be worn thin, or have a noticeable dirt stains on them. Gross!
Rambunctious, rowdy, noisy maids yell down the hallway to each other and are heard banging things around. I worked all night and tried to sleep during the day to no avail. Maids heard yelling at each other in the hallway. I appreciate their spirit but come on - there are guests that deserve some quiet time while in their rooms.
Breakfast is decent but you'll pay $10 for it.
If maintenance and house-keeping got their *&$# together and took their job seriously, this could be a top notch hotel. But - it is not. Sad.

Room Tip: Not worth letting house keeping into your room during the week. Who knows what standards of sanitiz...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
anthonyleitz, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I am so sorry you experienced noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure that our guests’ receive as much peace and comfort as possible. Our housekeeping staff will be addressed by management regarding not only the towels but the noise as well. This will prevent future guests from going through the same experience that you did. We regret that this made your stay unpleasant and we hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

We are in the process of replacing all towels in the hotel currently and are almost complete with this project. We also will be starting some renovations at the hotel later this summer as we hope to become your #1 choice in the area.

Woodbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for many years as it is recommended for business travel by our corporation. I have always been very satisfied with the accomodations, the appearance of the facility and especially the staff.

This time, however, I was very disappointed in the room. The grout between the tiles in the bathroom were cracked and missing. (room 204) I reported this to the guy at the front desk in the morning as I was getting ready to check out. He did express some concern but did not seem to really understand the problem. The condition was bad enough that I suggested that they not rent the room again until it was resolved. For the price I paid there are several other hotels in the vicinity that are newer and in better condition.

The breakfast has always been wonderful. This time, the dishes in the warming containers were cold. I had cold scrambled eggs and cold bacon. I told a co-worker to get a special order egg to insure it would be hot. The fruit was great, there is a good variety of pastries, breads,etc. The woman who waits tables and clears has been working there for quite a while and is wonderful. I told her about the bathroom and she was much more interested and concerned then the front desk clerk. I felt like she would definitely make sure that the information got to the maintainance staff for correction.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
anthonyleitz, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the condition of your bathroom. I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the areas that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations but based upon your comments you gave to the front desk the room was actually put out of order immediately and given to our maintenance department to fix right away. I only wish our front desk associate had shown you their concern better because he did make sure to make me aware of the issue immediately when I arrived.

I want to thank you for your loyalty, I truly appreciate the fact that you constantly stay at our property. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the St. Paul/Oakdale area you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just a short trip to visit friends & go to Mall of America - we are so glad we chose this hotel! The location is great. Far enough from the hectic crowded Mall of America & airport, but still just a quick easy drive away from all the action. Lots of shops & restaurants right out the front door. Hotel is very clean, kept up very well, pool area is great (and open till midnight). I was so impressed with the breakfast. I was expecting your usual continental breakfast that most hotels offer, but the "made-to-order" option was fantastic! Even when we were the only ones in the breakfast area, we were waited on by friendly staff & a cook was standing by to cook fresh omlets, pancakes, bacon, hash browns, etc. It was great. I hope this never changes. The staff was friendly & helpful, but I have to give a special mention to the young man who checked us in Friday night - Ryan. It was late, but he was friendly & kind without being overly obnoxious. He was patient & helpful when I asked for directions & activity options. He worked again on Sunday (I believe) and again was kind, courteous, & professional. We will be coming back to this area many times & I won't even look to stay anywhere else. One other mention - the little things made a huge difference to my kids & myself - the breakfast, the great work-out area, free coffee, cookies & tea out every night, the free computer & printing use, free newspapers every morning. Great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for all the kind words about the hotel and more specifically the staff! They love seeing comments and feedback like this because it really enforces what they are doing is noticed by our guests!

We all certainly hope to see you again in the near future!

Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St. Paul/Oakdale? Share your experiences!