“Normally good service was lacking this day” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Oakdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Normally good service was lacking this day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We visited Red Lobster on a Monday afternoon for my birthday. We were advised when we sat down that our waitress was working with a large party but that she would be around. At first, the service was fine but after the food was delivered, we didn't see her again.
We needed a couple of things and had to ask the hostess and other servers for help. We waited at least 20 minutes for our bill. A different server brought our bill and told us (again) how our waitress was busy with a large table. As he was telling us this, he started piling up dishes on top of the food I was hoping to take home- smashing it all. I had to jump in and tell him I was waiting for a box but that no one had followed up with us.....
I was very frustrated by the time we left.

Why the other three waiters I saw walking around couldn't take her tables, while she was busy- I will not understand. Bad planning.

Normally we've had very good service at this Red Lobster, I wasn't expecting lacking service during a late lunch....

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Woodbury, Minnesota
“Good Fish and Chips!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went out for Labor Day with a bunch of family members for the "Endless Shrimp"! I was watching my waistline and did not want all you can eat so I went with the fish and chips. The fish was Haddock and very good! I thought it was a good value for the money. Everyone was feeling a little too full but me at the end. I also liked it with the good old English malt vinegar! I would go this route again!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Just another chain restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I haven't been to a "Red Lobster" in many years. I'm wondering what is the draw? Maybe the biscuits, they were served warm and were good. Everything else was average. Over dressed salad, the shrimp served in the "Shrimp Festival" were so small.....that was a surprise. So enjoy you Red Lobster Fans, I'm just not one of them.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Cheap eats, tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

So yeah, it's no Oceanaire, but who can afford to eat like that every day? I like Red Lobster occasionally and they have some really great lunch deals. And those cheesy biscuits...Yummy!

Woodbury, MN
“Red Lobster Tops Itself in Woodbury, MN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I've been wanting to add to what I've already said in another rave review of Red Lobster in Woodbury. My husband and I go there as often as we can. While Red Lobster isn't cheap, you get first class quality in the service, the food, and the whole thing! Several times while we were eating our meals there, Guy Ficek, the manager, stopped by several tables, taking an active interest in how the guests were enjoying their meals. When he came by ours, I noticed that he recongized we had become "regulars." He was very kind when we explained we are seniors on a budget and really appreciated getting coupons. He and his assitant manager on another occasion gave us some coupons, allowing us to come in more often. As I have said before, the food is fabulous! i love this new seafood combination, which is simmered in a light wine/seafood sauce, served with linguine and some still in the shells. Their Cheddar Bay Bisuits are always fresh and served hot. They made a change in the Garden Salads that we really like; they are served chopped now. At our latest visit, I tried the Talapia Stuffed with Seafood, and it was delicious! No other place we have ever been anywhere in the country has better baked potatoes than Red Lobster. These are served with butter and sour cream.. We have enjoyed both lunches and dinners at Red Lobster and are eager to return there. Parking can be challenging in peak times, especially due to competition from another restaurant next door which shares the lot. Red Lobster does not accept reservations.

• Visited March 2012