“Commencement 2014” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Anchorage
“Commencement 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

When my daughter began her schooling at St. Olaf, I tried several hotel and (and one B&B) options. By far, I found that the Americinn offered the best value, cleanliness, and restful atmosphere. The friendly and helpful front desk staff were the icing on the cake during my four years of visiting my daughter in Northfield.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Paul M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Martha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our AmericInn. It was truly a pleasure having you with us over these past years and we appreciate each and every time you came to stay with us. It is a bittersweet thing saying goodbye to our college student families after the many times they stay in their 4 years at school.

We wish you the best and thank you again for a wonderful four years!

Paul J. McGuire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Americinn for three nights last week during a visit with our Carleton student. We booked a suite since we were planning to work on Friday remotely. The hotel is quite comfortable and quiet. The living room area could use a real desk as this hotel is billed as being suitable for business travelers. The only working surface was a small table. Overall, I was quite pleased with the breakfast and staff. I would love to see a fitness center installed. The only available exercise option is the swimming pool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We've stayed there twice now and it's fine -- clean facilities and very comfortable, and the staff are very nice. We would stay again. That said, after tasting the see-through coffee on the first morning (and the ho-hum, processed breakfast), we headed into town and hit the wonderful Bittersweet Cafe at Archer House and got a great cup of joe and a popover there. But otherwise, it was a very good stay and I appreciate how clean the rooms are.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for coming to Trip Advisor to review your stay with us in Northfield.

It seems coffee is a hot topic these days so we want to be sure we are providing the kind of coffee our guests want. We serve "AmericInn Perk" coffee - some love it, some like it, and some want to leave it.

I truly appreciate your positive comments about your stay and thank you for your patience with the coffee that isn't quite like home. I will look into how we can improve the coffee we currently have and hope next time you won't have to go quite so far for your morning coffee break.

Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you soon!

Paul J. McGuire
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at Americinn Lodge & Suites with our quartet for a String Quartet Competition at St. Olaf. We had two rooms, one suite and one queen double. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. The quartet had a good night sleep after a long drive to Northfield from Chicago. The entire group are coffee drinkers and were looking forward to a good strong cup of coffee in the lobby, unfortunately, it was very weak and tasteless...breakfast was okay - it was all we needed to start the day. We had to make an emergency stop at Caribou Coffee to get our caffeine fix. The desk staff was excellent - very accommodating and kind.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We've now stayed at the AmericInn around 6 times over the past year. The Inn is the all about service and experience. And it starts with the GM Paul. He's the face and the spirit of the place. He gives undivided attention to each person. He's focused on your needs and takes the action to make it work. It's more than just the little things like remembering each person's name.

A quick example. We'd stayed there once on a school visit. I called to see if we could have books and things shipped from Amazon to the Inn, so we wouldn't have to carry them on the plane. I remember Paul's response, "I've been here for 13 years, and we've been doing it since it was an option."

The rooms are well kept. The beds are firm and clean. Everything is clean and comfortable. My only ding is there is no elevator to the 2nd floor, so make sure to request a first floor if you have limitations.

I have to add that we had the suite with the whirlpool last time. Like most hotels I've stayed in, they are actually in a corner of the room. I'll say it was pristine.

BTW - Did I mention that Paul is outstanding and is why the AmericInn is rated at the top of TripAdvisor for Northfield.

Room Tip: There's no elevator to the 2nd floor, so make sure to inform the hotel if you have any limitatio...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have stayed at every hotel in Northfield and this is the best. Clean and roomy accommodations. In a nice quiet area near the river. I needed to stay an extra night, but the internet said there were no rooms. Upon a friendly check in they found me a better room and charged me the same price. I have to be in northfield once a year and this is where I'll stay. Also, close to many restaurants either walking or a short drive. Thanks Paul!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is always well-staffed and clean, but Easter weekend 2014 I accidentally booked a room with two queen beds instead of the king-sized bed I wanted. The staff was courteous and fixed my problem immediately. I'm really pleased with the service I receive at this hotel, it's my four time to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield? Share your experiences!