“Best ribs in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Edina, Minnesota
“Best ribs in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Excellent service, friendly manager, and our food was delivered quickly. I had the ribs and my girlfriend had the walleye, and bot where quite could. Baked beans could use some work, but now I'm just nit picking!

Visited May 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Expected better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The best thing about Sherwood Forest in the atmosphere. Great for drinks inside, or out on the deck. The chocolate cake is tasty and great to share, but the rest of the food is just okay. The service is so-so. If it weren't for the wonderful building and grounds, it wouldn't be worth the stop.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nebraska, USA
“Awesome atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Came across this restaurant while on Gull Lake. Love the atmosphere!! Food was great and had huge servings.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eagan, MN
“Food was OK. Crappy service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Everyone to the hostess to the server and owner were horrible. We arrived at 5 pm on a Saturday, w/o a reservation to a a completely empty restaurant. We were told we had to be out by 7pm. Granted we were a party of six adults and five kids. But that's crazy, they place was empty. I told the hostess and the rest of our group we'll just leave. The rest of the group wanted to stay.

The food was fine, not as great as others here have stated. It was just, OK. Some in the group say the Walleye was not fresh. My Prime Rib was not good. The burgers were a hit.

I'd suggest go elsewhere. For better service and the same food at half the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aitkin
“Kudos to Sam in the kitchen!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My mother chose Sherwood Forest Tavern for our Mother's Day outing. I called the day before, as I did not see much on the buffet that would fit my vegan dietary preference. Luckily, I got Sam on the phone. He was so pleasant and promised that he would take care of me. Sam concocted a delicious pasta premavera for me. Eating out, as a vegan, is not always a satisfying experience; but, thanks to Sam's creativity and wonderful, customer service, I had a lovely meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere