“Staff were excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in New Ulm
“Staff were excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights with a family group, total of 4 rooms each night. The staff were exceptional for being friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very good for the cost. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
There were some comments about the pool that have been addressed by the management regarding needed cleaning and repairs. The pool area definitely needs to have some work done as it appears dirty. It didn't keep our group from enjoying the time together. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MicrotelInn28793, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to accommodate you and your family. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I spent 2 miserable nights here. Why miserable? It's because I found out that when I booked through a certain site I would be given the worst room they had. To me the worst room is a smoking room when one is a non-smoker like me. I called in advance to make sure I could get a non-smoking room and was told the same thing. I had been told a non-smoking room opened up on my 2nd day; when the clerk found I had booked through the site she wouldn't allow me to have it. The staff was really nice. They gave me an air purifier that was really loud, but did work for only for an hour before it shut off. All the switches and parts of the walls were sticky with yellow stains from previous occupants. I tried keeping the window open and using an air freshener, but nothing seemed to work that well.(Even though I left in the morning no housekeeping ever came.) I'm sure that if I had been given a non-smoking room my experience would have been a lot more pleasant; I'm puzzled why any place would not go smoke free after seeing all the smoke damage that was done to this room.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book to get one of their non-smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
MicrotelInn28793, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your most recent stay and our property. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over the room types that guests are placed in when booking on certain online websites. However, I am happy to hear that our staff was able to help as much as possible.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm

Address: 424 20th South St., New Ulm, MN 56073
Location: United States > Minnesota > New Ulm
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in New Ulm
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites New Ulm Hotel New Ulm
Microtel New Ulm
New Ulm Microtel

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Ulm, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.