“Real GERMAN food including sauerkraut. Well worth the visit.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Riverside, Missouri
“Real GERMAN food including sauerkraut. Well worth the visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visited there on two evenings in September. On the first evening, the service was excellent. The food was very good. On the next visit, they were very understaffed, since they had two large groups to serve. Service was real slow, since the priorities were the large groups. We had to wait at our booth over 45 minutes for our food. Wait staff was very pleasant, but I wish they had provided a bit more customer-care by at least coming by once in awhile, or providing a beverage, etc. We were not in a time-crunch, so this was OK (we were on a laid-back vacation). In both cases, we left at least a 25% tip, so I hope that encourages them to try to staff better.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mpls.
“Fun to experience this type of food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It's been a while since my trip to Germany but it was fun to read the menu and see some familiar names. The food was good. I'd have liked a sampler platter to enjoy more variety but what I had was great (ribs and salad). Our waitress was very perky and helpful. She helped make a

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Avon, Colorado, United States
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was in town for a 10k race from Colorado and had dinner. The menu has great variety and selection, I had a hard time choosing as everything looked delicious! I decided on the steak and shrimp and it was fabulous! I am a sucker for spicy red beer and the waiter accomodated me by bringing me a side of the spicy bloody mary mix to put in my beer. I felt that was above and beyond, especially since I just mentioned it as an aside while ordreing. The service was excellent, especially with as busy as it was on Saturday night. I definitely recommend this to anyone!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Wisconsin
“Totally Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had lunch here on 10/4/13 as part of a bus trip we were on....the service was awful, food was so so and the waitress was kind of rude. The lunch was included on our trip and pre-ordered. We were told it included a non-alcoholic beverage, there was water & coffee on table, some people wanted milk and were informed not included had to pay (milk non alcoholic). We were supposed to have spetzell but were given German Potato salad which for a German restaurant was not good when asked about it were informed "it wasn't ordered". The herded us into the restaurant like cattle and kind of threw plates of food at us, it felt rushed and very crowded too many people at a table. The decor of the restaurant isn't at all what we expected not much German decor at all. We had lunch there a few years ago on another bus trip and had choices and dont remember the service being so bad.
Next time we take a trip to New Ulm we will go to another restaurant (many in the area) even if the lunch is included in the price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
JamieKP, Manager at Veigel's Kaiserhoff, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I would like to respond to your rating of our restaurant. We served the food & beverage that your tour group company set up for you. I do not feel as if we should receive a bad review for something that was not our fault. I am very sorry that you felt the staff hurried you but it is our understanding that tour groups have a limited amount of time so we do our best to get them served within that time frame. I am very sorry you were disappointed in our restaurant. We will take all comments into consideration for our future tours. Thank you.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Sehr gut!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had been told to visit the Kaiserhoff for the barbecued ribs, but we opted for a more German fare since we can get ribs anywhere in VA. I had a brat burger on rye bread and German potato salad. My husband had the sausage and German dumplings, whose name I cannot remember. Spaetzle? We also had some of the local beer from Schell's Brewery. Everything was delicious! I had never tried a brat burger before, but I would order it again. Tasty.
We were there late in the evening, close to closing time. Perhaps they play music earlier in the day, but that is the one thing I hoped for that I did not get: I would have liked to have had some German oompahpah music in the background to round out the German flair of the place.

Visited July 2013