When Gary and Ramona asked if I could suggest any improvements to their B&B experience, I responded that I could not think of any suggestion for improvement, but I could think of a long list of positives:
* The breakfasts were spectacular. The very last item, the double chocolate desert on Tuesday morning, was very much in line with my personal opinion as to what is terrific. Wow!
* Restaurants sometimes serve food in dirty dishes, I suppose a side effect of low-paid workers and washing a large number of dishes in a mechanical dishwasher. At one of our suppers on our vacation, I picked dried food off a "clean" plate in a restaurant - not at all an uncommon occurrence. Restaurant tables are often wet, or worse, sticky. Everything having to do with food in your B&B was absolutely spotless. I do dishes at home, and it is clear to me that all of the crystal glassware was washed by hand. I know that maintaining such a high level of cleanliness is effortful, but it is appreciated!
* We never discussed this with Gary and Ramona, but I am glad that I never once saw or heard a TV anywhere in the residence.
* I did make use of the wireless Internet connection - thanks for that. Wireless connectivity for guests is common, but not yet universal. Today I was waiting to meet a friend at a restaurant, and the restaurant did not have wireless - I could not check on a New Ulm reference while waiting.
* You were friendly to talk to - both of you had interesting things to say - yet you were never intrusive.
* I think that things break, that is a fact of life. So, I am not concerned that there was a problem with the shower on the first night. However, you did fix it promptly when I told you about the problem, and that is all that matters to me. So, the problem-shower incident was a "plus" in my mind.
* I am very partial to Mozart, so having a CD player and a Mozart CD in my room was a plus. The music I heard around the house was a plus. I imagine that this is a tricky subject for you - some people are annoyed to hear anything but Country Western I know. Your music hit the mark for me.
* I liked that we could walk to dozens of interesting stores and buildings ... and that was with many of them not opening for the season until 1 May! Everyone we met in New Ulm, on the street, in stores, in public buildings, was very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy history, comfort and cuisine in our 1884 stately home located along the historic district, four blocks from specialty shops, restaurants and attractions. Deutsche Strasse is a romantic as well as a casual setting. We are business traveler friendly. We offer queen and king beds, fireplaces, whirlpools, and homemade four-course breakfasts included in the rate. With prior notice we will, with pleasure, modify our menus to meet dietary needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Deutsche Strasse Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.