“great little find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in New Market
IL
“great little find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were looking for a place off the Interstate to stop for lunch and decided on this place on a whim. It was further away than we expected but worth it!

Really cool decor, clearly firehouse themed. Good menu and prices with a lot of variety. Our server was terrific--she knew her stuff and was friendly without being obnoxious.

While you wait, you can munch on white popcorn--my favorite and something I never see in any restaurants or bars.

I wish there were a place like this near where I live.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lakeville
“Wait staff is non-existent !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have been here, and again we had to go up to the bar to get drinks twice, because the waitress never came back after taking our order. Last visit we had to get our own menus and drinks. The bartender acted irritated with me tonight because I asked for more water and beer. Their service is terrible! This is the first review I have ever written in regards to a restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Lots of potential, but disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I went to the Firehouse Grille last night with my wife. It was our first time there, and we were impressed by the building and the decor. Everything was very clean and nice, and it wasn't at all the greasy hole-in-the-wall I was expecting. The large bar area had TVs showing sports, while the dining area was quiet and had many tables and booths. It seemed to be mostly families when we were there.

The menu is varied, from many sandwiches and burgers to a nice selection of pastas and steaks. The beer and drink options were plentiful (they have about 40 beers from which to choose), and after we got our drinks we ordered our food. That is where the experience went downhill fast.

We ordered an appetizer, and it never came. The waitress blamed the kitchen, but I think she just forgot. I ordered the chicken wild rice soup, and it was terrible. It tasted sour, which I can state is a new experience for me with that kind of soup. It was seriously the worst soup I've had in years. When our entrees arrived, my wife's chicken cordon bleu sandwich was tasty and well-prepared (but the waitress forgot the ranch my wife had requested), while my cajun pasta was exceptionally bland. It was basically flavorless, and if it was cajun, so am I (I'm a Scandinavian Minnesotan). It didn't taste like Alfredo, it didn't have any spice to it... it was like eating air. Very disappointing. It also was supposed to have come with garlic bread, but that didn't come out either until I reminded the waitress. We decided to order dessert, so a tray of options was brought to the table. Of the 5 or 6 items, we selected a slice of turtle cheesecake to share. Ten minutes later, the waitress returned and said the only dessert item left was the Greek yogurt cake. We said fine and each got one (they are little and really pretty good), but I was confused as to why they even showed us all of the options they had run out of. Something isn't running correctly there, and I think it starts with communication.

Overall, I was greatly disappointed. I'm not a food snob, and I know what to expect from bar and grill places. However, when a restaurant had 6 food or service errors in one visit, that's exceptionally bad. That being said, I may return in the future because they seem to be pretty new and may be continuing to work the bugs out. The sandwich my wife had was very good, and the other sandwiches I saw people eating looked good as well. I'd like to see if they can move up to their potential. If I do return, it will be for something simple like a burger or a sandwich. I'll make sure to communicate my order multiple times, and I'll probably skip the dessert since they likely won't have what I want anyway.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Farmington, Minnesota, United States
“Great food but bad service with large group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

First time we were ever here and we loved the food. The menu had a number of great options. There were several tap beer choices too. Prime rib special Friday and Saturday and very reasonably priced. All the food was great we had and prices were appropriate.
The only issue we had was we had a very large group, 30 or so and we had one waitress who thought she could do it all. A number of other staff members were asking to chip in and help her bit it was obvious, she wanted this to be her big pay day and keep the tips to herself. Due to this, drinks were constantly empty and some didn't even get served their drinks and were told to go to the bar! I think if you weren't in a group with a waitress who bit off more than she could chew, you'd be pleased with the service.

Visited March 2014
minnesota
“Great place to go to grab a glass of wine and a meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

A group of eight went to half price bottles of wine night on Thursday's and ordered dinner. Waitress even divided the bar bill between each couple. Great service and food.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Firehouse Grille? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Firehouse Grille, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.