On the strength of Tripadvisor reviews we booked to stay one night here – though on arriving we should have trusted our instincts and left. The motel appears recently to be under new management. The restaurant area was filthy, with four of the management’s friends/family eating some sort of lobster or shellfish placed directly on the restaurant’s litter-strewn table, while the fireplace which fuels the pizza oven had been used as a rubbish bin and was full of food packaging. It was like we’d walked into a family gathering, not an operating motel. Meanwhile, the female manager’s son screamed “Go (--) yourself” to someone on the motel’s telephone.
We were asked by management to pay up front so went to check the room before paying, though management took exception to this and barked at us – “so you’ve booked a room but you might not stay here?” We explained that it is customary to check a room prior to paying. After a bad start, things didn’t get better. The walls were very thin and we could hear next door’s television through to midnight. The bathroom was decrepit, the bed sheets were stained, there were cobwebs on the ceilings and people tried to get into our room overnight. We did not feel safe in the motel as youths hung around outside at night, waking us at 4:30am with shouting and slamming of car doors.
It is cheap for the area, and it is right on the beach, but none of this compensated for the feeling that we weren't safe in this motel.