“Pleasant Start to Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Moose Lake

Days Inn Moose Lake
You added Days Inn Moose Lake to your Saves list
Days Inn Moose Lake
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Park Place Dr, Moose Lake, MN 55767 (Formerly AmericInn Lodge & Suites Moose Lake)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moose Lake
Welch, Minnesota
“Pleasant Start to Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Room was great, I think it was 224. Fireplace and pull out sofa! So spacious and clean. Also whirlpool tub. Great pizza place that delivered right to the door! I loved our room...two adults and two kids. Breakfast is usual stuff. No complaints. We will stay again in this room.

• Stayed July 2013
Alanca B, General Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am so please that your stay with us was so enjoyable. This is what we want for all of our guests. I hope that the rest of your vacation proved just as enjoyable and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My son's wedding was held in the area and we stayed here. Staff was very helpful and pleasant, rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfasts were better than anticipated! One of the bridal party lost a rented vest and staff was very helpful in trying to locate it. (It was eventually found at the wedding location.) Staff was even very understanding and helpful after the reception while I was trying to get guests who had had "too much fun" to their rooms. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I look forward to coming back to MN to visit and plan to stay at this AmericInn every chance I get!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alanca B, General Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
So very happy that my staff and I were able to add to the success of this very special occassion. We certaionly had a good time visiting with you and your guests. And we are still looking for the other lost item. Best wishes to the newly weds and your entire family. We look forwrd to seeing you soon.
Alanca B. GM
Great Northwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice friendly staff, could be cleaner, but it's the only one in town, other than a mom and pop. We went there to hunt agates, as Moose Lake describes itself as an agate capital of the world, yet when you arrive in the tiny town, there is absolutely no visible signs anywhere of anything to do with agates, you'd think you see them everywhere, sort of like fudge! And when I would ask at the motel, the gas station, the restaurant, the locals know next to nothing about agates, one lady at the gas station even told me the pits are closed down. Well, she was right sort of, we went to two of the pits the Chamber of Commerce gave us maps to, and while they may have been pits decades ago, they aren't anymore, agate hunting would be better in Duluth, I think. Other than agates, I can't think of a reason to go to Moose Lake.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello. Isn''t it something that we don't even havea rock shop? But because of yours and other guests comments and questions about this, I spoke to the Chamber of Commerce . And we are going to see about getting a rock shop set up here in town. Cross your finger that the next time you visit we will indeed have an Agate store.
Alanca
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My teenage daughter and I stayed here 1 night. It was clean and we used the pool and sauna. Both were nice and warm and we didn't have any issues with too many kids there. The morning breakfast is always good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Very happy to read your comments. This is just what we wish for all our guests. A clean ,comfortable, relaxing stay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Alanca
TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was staying at the Americinn in Moose Lake MN on the weekend of may 24th 2013.
We had at least 95% of the hotel for a huge wedding on the 26th of May.
On the 26th we had your MGR, from that hotel knock on some of the rooms saying, "I can not have my room cleaners sitting around waiting for people to leave, you either have to leave for abit or your room just don't get cleaned". WHAT kind of people do your have running these hotels, or at least THAT one, she was VERY rude. Like I said we had at least 95% of all the rooms in that hotel and the price we paid for each room we should NOT have been treated that way. As far as I am concerned she should not even have that position if she has NO ability to run a hotel.
Oh, Her name was Alanca.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When we arrived Friday night everything seemed fine. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. However, I have three kids, 2 of them are quite young. And they wanted to swim. We had arrived at around 8PM, so they had a couple of hours left to swim. But the pool was crowded with an entire hockey team of about 12 year old boys. We waited and waited and they finally left the pool room at around 9:30. So we brought our kids down to swim. We were met in the hallway by a very crabby woman (hotel employee) who informed us that all children must be in their rooms by 10PM and no later. So I was only able to let my kids swim for 15 minutes and then I brought them up to bed. All of this would only have been an minor annoyance if it had not been for the following night. Saturday night was absolutely unbearable. We did not sleep at all. The hockey team was back, and this time there was no 9:30 bed time. The parents were in the lobby very loudly boozing it up until somewhere around 2AM and the kids were running through the hallways and shouting loudly the entire night. We called down to the front desk multiple times with only limited success. Things would get quiet for a maybe 5 minutes and then pick back up again. We had planned to get up early and be ready to check out in time for the kids to swim again, but because we were all kept so late that we overslept and barely got out in time. We asked to have a late check out so that the kids could swim, but we were told no, we would have to check out at 11 and if we wanted to use the pool we would have to pay 5 dollars per person extra.

• Stayed February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

One word describes what we thought of this hotel “RUDE STAFF”! We will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!
We were a hockey group staying there. Only there about 1 hr before we got yelled at. Seriously?

Let’s recap some of the issues and instances of our weekend here:

- Dirty Bathroom.
- Parent brought in food without realizing it was not allowed to pool area. He just did not see the sign. It was just a bag of sausage, But instead of politely asking us to take the food to another area the General Manager very aggressively and rudely yelled at us. She simply could have said please take that outside. There was no reason to attack the group as she did! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL
- At 10pm they want no kids in halls. Really? I get the running part but we were getting yelled at all weekend for kids just walking from one room to the other. They fell asleep in one room we woke them up told them to go to their room and the front desk lade chewed the kids out. When a parent told her that was not necessary she told him he better watch out or her will be sleeping in his car. Hmm, yep that is a great way to treat your customers.. or wait were we their prisoners?
- And then this GM would walk the halls listening outside of each door. I am sorry anyone stopping to put their ear to a door should be fired. That is creepy and quite simply an invasion of the guest’s privacy! I will be call corporate AmericInn about this one. As well as the other team is also calling. Not OK!
- We were told by another team checking in the next day that they were bad mouthing our team at the front desk at check in. WOW that was not necessary!
- They have a small lobby with TV that the guys were watching a game and would get loud, and of course they would get yelled at again agressively. I agree, tone it down when asked which they did . So the next morning when a few of us got lectured again by this GM I was just done! We called many hotels to try to move the team but all were booked in a 35mile radius. We would have moved too this place is not customer friendly at all!!!
- The other team there was more upset then we were on how they were treated Sat. Did not think that was possible
- A good note was how nice the young man working there was from the 3 – 10 shift he was politely trying to accommodate the groups. When he mentioned that the hotel GM is that way due to a hockey team a few years back I could only respond with "yes I understand that could happen but that does not give the hotel the right to treat us bad just because we are a “hockey” team"
- they have a map there with buttons for the destinations in town, you push the button and it lights it up on the map. We had a MOM there looking at the map and pushed one button on it and the front desk person pretty much told her to stop playing with it. She is a MOM not a child she was not playing with it she wanted to see where to go. They really need to chill out here.
- Cold coffee at 8am.
- NO elevators at all

This town is small and needs the tourism from hockey tournaments but we will not be back to this hockey tournament again and the hockey association can thank the AmericInn for that! They not only lost a lot of future business for themselves they made others in this town lose future business.

If you are a team coming in to Moose Lake do not stay here. Yes its close to the rink but the service you get is horrible. I would rather drive an extra 20 mins than deal with this hotel again!

Now I am on to give a great review to Gampers Restaurant in Moose Lake. They were awesome!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Alanca B, General Manager at Days Inn Moose Lake, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hello. I am sorry that the large group rules interfered with your party plans. However the rules were explained at the time the block was made and each guest received a copy as they checked in. These rules are designed to offer a clean, quite, restful night for all of our guests. As for no food in the pool area, That is pretty standard in almost any hotel. And there are signs both on the front door and in the pool area. We Work hard to honor all of our guests hockey group or not.
Thank you for your comments. And good luck to your team.

Been to Days Inn Moose Lake? Share your experiences!