“Great place to stay in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Carolina
“Great place to stay in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I got a ridiculous deal on this hotel through Hotwire. The beds were very comfortable. We appreciated the laundry services, although the dryer took forever to dry our clothes. The free breakfast was nice. Great location just outside of Fargo.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge & Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of the Travelodge & Suites of Fargo/Moorhead. I am happy to see you were able to take advantage of some of the deals we give to Hotwire at times. Unfortunately, we are not always able to give such good deals and if you book some of their hidden hotels, you may not find us. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here for the long weekend on Labour Day. Together we had 4 different rooms. While the beds were not "luxury" by any account, they were okay. The rooms were clean and had the normal amenities like coffe, mini fridge, shampoos, lots of towels and free wi-fi. Some even had a microwave.
The pool area was nice with lots of towels and the spa was nice and warm. (hey I've been in some that were quite cool).
Okay the breakfast wasn;t scrambled eggs and bacon, but the hot, make yourself waffles, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, bagels and cereals were very fresh and restocked continuosly. (even though some rude people kept taking 6 and 7 servings to their room).
It's right acroos the street from a KMart , grocery store and liquor store; only 5 blocks to a WalMart and McDonalds is in the lot next door.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms in the North end (numbers 20 and over) as the train tracks are close to the south...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge & Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Travelodge & Suites, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed some of our many amenities that we have to offer. I am sure you will also be happy to hear that we added hot oatmeal to our breakfast offerings and are looking to possibly add carmel rolls as well.

Thank you again for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Fargo/Moorhead.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is in a great location with loads of restaurants and shopping nearby. Lobby is very nice and the a.m. breakfast while not huge on selection is good and the area is kept clean and stocked.

The room we had was a 2 room suite. It was on the first floor which was most appreciated and was extremely spacious. Very clean as well. The furnishings and decor were in good condition and the flat screen tv's were nice.

My family and I loved the pool area! The hot tub was a tad bit too warm but the pool is nice and large. A bit on the cold side. But we enjoyed it!

I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review of the Travelodge & Suites of Fargo/Moorhead. I am happy to hear that you found our location convenient for both your shopping and dining needs. We have had a couple of independent restaurants open up in the last few months that I am sure our guests will enjoy: JL Beers, Altonys.

I am sorry to hear you felt our spa was too warm. We do keep it at 104 degrees, which is the maximum we are allowed. We also keep our pool at 84 degrees. Both of these are on the higher end and we have found that most guests enjoy the higher temperatures.

Thank you again for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in the Fargo/Moorhead area.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here July 18, 2012 and had no problems checking in. They call my room to make sure everthing was okay and it was. I had a room on the 3rd floor and the room was very clean and large and had a safe. The bed was comfortable and has a big flat screen LG tv that worked well. The shower had lots of hot water as well as water pressure and the ac worked excellent.

This hotel is close to Wal mart and Target and has a JL Beers acrosss the street which is a excellent place to grab a burger and a beer.

The breakfast was good in the morning, they had waffles and all the other items a person could want for breakfast.

The only problem that I had was that my curtians in my room would not close all the way. This caused the light from the poles in the west parking lot to shine in my room at night.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and that means alot to me. I would stay here again and would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind review of the Travelodge & Suites. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our many amenities that we have to offer. I am also excited to hear you liked our new televisions. You will also be glad to hear that we have upgraded our channel lineup to include over 30 channels of high-definition.

Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We enjoyed our experience here. And it being located so close to Fargo made it so easy. Just go east to 34th, turn south and take it all the way to I-94, take 94 west to I-29 and your right near West Acres and all the Fargo shopping attractions.

The staff were very nice. The desk clerk put us in the middle of the hotel away from the end @ the railway, so that our daughter wouldn't wake up in the night. Very thoughtful. They are in the process of some upgrades, like TV's. We had an old one and the tube blew, but the staff were quick to respond and have it replaced.

It was clean, a nice continental breakfast. Pool is large and clean. My hubby said the hot tub was nice and it is a good size. I would only recommend that more pool towels be put out when the hotel's occupancy is higher. But even then I just asked at the front desk and a few were ready to go out.

Lot's of amenities nearby, Target, K-Mart, Cashwise Grocery, Liquor, and video stores. As well as gas station.

Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager-Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge & Suites Fargo/Moorhead, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of the Travelodge & Suites of Fargo/Moorhead. It is always nice to hear positive comments about our staff and I will certainly share your review iwth them. I am also glad you were able to enjoy some of our many amenities including our pool and breakfast.

I think you will be glad to hear that we have upgraded our old televisions to 32" flat screens and are now providing HD programming as well. Our channel lineup now includes 30 high-definition channels including HBO.

I will discuss monitoring our pool towels more closely with our staff. We usually have some on the tables and also on our rack; however, during busier evenings they tend to disappear quickly.

Thank you for choosing Travelodge for your lodging needs and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Fargo/Moorhead area.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is evolving into my go-to hotel in the Fargo/Moorhead area when I'm here on business. It's inexpensive (to save my clients money on my expenses), super clean, has a good breakfast (hardboiled eggs = good, in my book), is close to a few restaurants and fast food places, etc.
My only nit to pick with my last stay here is that I left a plastic grocery bag of "snacks" (chips, m&m's, etc) in the room by accident, and waited to get a call about it, but it never came. That was disappointing, but.. yeah.. other than that, it's a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your nice review of the Travelodge & Suites. I am happy to hear that we have become your "go to" hotel. I am glad that you find our rates inexpensive, as we strive to keep our rates competive and still provide the amenties and service that you deserve while visiting.

I think you will be pleased to know that we have just upgraded our breakfast to include hot oatmeal. We are also looking at adding fresh caramel rolls to our seleciton in the future.

Have you tried Altony's yet? It is a nice new Italian restaurant across the street from us. We are looking forward to working with them. We are also fortunate to have JL Beers across from us as well. It is a great burger and beer pub. Voted best burgers in town!

I am sorry to hear about your "snacks". We do keep a lost and found on property; however, we do not usually keep food, especially if it has been opened due to spoilage.

Thank you for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to seeing you again,
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to Winnipeg. As we booked the hotel in advance, check-in went smoothly when we arrived at 9PM. This hotel is within walking distance to Target, K mart, and a bunch of restaurants and MacDonald's. The continental breakfast was good with a big choice of items. We did not try internet, so cannot comment on that. Our room was of good size and. as was stayed away from the railway track, was quiet. It is very affordable. We did hear the noise of trains passing by but it didn't bother us much. TV in the room is a old CRT but was working well.

Now the 'negatives' (reason for 3 stars). We stayed in a double queen room in the second floor. We were tired after our long trip and slept right away soon after the check-in. Around midnight, we woke up due to the loud 'thumping sound' from the people in the room right above us. They arrived late and was walking and running for more than an hour. Walls and floors are thin. This hotel needs renovation. Wewill stay there next time only if we could get a room on the third floor.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy you found our location convenient for your needs. Might I suggest that, the next time you make a reservation with us, you request a room on third floor? We cannot always guarantee this, but can definitely note it on your reservation and we do our best to accommodate.

I am certain you will be happy to hear that we have upgraded all our guest room televisions to 32" flat screens this summer and are now providing HD programming as well. We have 30 channels that come in high definition, including HBO, in our lineup.

You may also be excited to hear that we also have a new Italian restaurant and wine bar that opened across the street called Altony's. We look forward to working with them. We are also looking to put together a Romance package with them that will include your guest room, a bottle of wine and dinner.

Thank you for choosing Travelodge and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Fargo/Moorhead.

Been to Travelodge & Suites Fargo/Moorhead? Share your experiences!