“Where's the staff?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Winnipeg
“Where's the staff?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a small, family run motel. When you check in, you have to use the phone to get someone to the front desk, after that, I didn't see them at all. They slip your bill under the door in the middle of the night, which had a cloak-and-dagger feel to it! The room was quiet and comfortable. We heard no freeway noise, even though we were very close to the I-94. The breakfast was very poor. Just cereals and some pastries, and the coffee was lukewarm. We ended up going to the MacDonald's on the same street. There was no one in the front desk by the breakfast room, and there was still no one there when we left. Where was everybody?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Check in Process is very quick, the girl at the front was polite, helpful and attentive. we were very early and they found us a room which allowed me to get to my conference and allow my family to relax early. The rooms were nice and clean with Flat Panel TV with lots of options on TV channel , HBO and with great amenities like a small fridge and microwave. The beds were comfortable. I could not hear anyone in the halls. I couldn't even hear my children in our room while I was walking down the hall. I never heard footsteps from the room above. The shower and internet connectivity (two critical components in a happy stay) were both fantastic; and breakfast was perfect. It was also the perfect location, close to Twin Cities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't think I would stay here again because our room wasn't clean, we could barely see the picture on the tv because the tv was really old! Our hair dryer and plug in didn't work. Not really happy with the overall experience but at least we got to have our dog with us! Alot of hotels don't allow pets so that is on reason we chose this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I think the hotel's walls are made of paper! every single move of next rooms can be heard. The claimed breakfast was just some toasts and butter and cereal and coffee was just a dark water! Very poor. Nobody at the front desk to help you with anything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Monticello? Share your experiences!