“Love It!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Montevideo
Omaha, Nebraska
“Love It!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my first trip to Montevideo, MN and I so happy i chose to stay at this hotel. The staff was great and the breakfast was very good. I would recommend this hotel for my friends
and family. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lakeville, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in December of 2012. While the hotel staff was friendly and the hotel cleanliness was average at best, we had one major problem: We had no hot water in the morning! FREEZING COLD water! While I was about to go downstairs and address this issue with the front desk, there was a note slipped underneath my door, addressing the issue with an apology.

I understand in our cold winter months in Minnesota, a lot can go wrong. But I do believe that taking a shower, or even washing my face, is one of the major requirements I need when staying in a hotel, and when I am not able to do that, I expect SOME form of compensation.

The thing that makes me the most mad, is that I have written 3 e-mails and 1 formal letter to GrandStay Costumer Service about my stay, and have NEVER heard back. (Even when there is an auto-reply to sent e-mails, stating that a costumer service representative will be with you in the next 2-3 business days.) What a joke! I Will NEVER stay here, or any other GrandStay Hotels, ever again. This is hands down, the worst costumer service I have ever experienced!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Montevideo hotels

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for one Friday night. Room was clean. Bed was good. Pillows were great and plenty of them. My son swan in the pool... kept at 84 degrees which he loved and one rarely finds. The breakfast buffet was plentiful! Breakfast burritos, biscuits and gravy, homemade waffles etc. Very very happy with the buffet and it was free!!!! I would definately stay here again when in town!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here several times and each time has been nice. Our room was very clean, with a comfortable King bed, a large bathroom, with plenty of towels. Breakfast was decent the next morning with several choices. I would recommend this place and we will likely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We enjoyed the room. Very spacious and comfortable. It was a bit chilly and the thermostat did not increase the temp in the room. It was in the 20's outside. The staff was very helpful and gave us a room on the ground floor as there was no elevator, and we are seniors. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
St. Paul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I would have given it a 4 except for the fact that you could not get the room above 60 degrees at night. We had both thermostats on heat at 72 and put them up to 80 as the night went on. I know we came at a time of the year when the days can be 80 and the nights 40 but you should be able to go from air conditioning to heat when needed. You can not remove the hair dryer from the bathroom to heat up the bed either. At breakfast we overheard the next table ask their son how he slept. He just said he was cold all night. Must have been some issue with the hotel. Definitely not worth the over $140 bill for one night with tax.

Other than that, the room was clean and large. Don't get items from the candy machine. They are expired. I tried a couple of different items and then started looking at the dates on the ones I could see. Had to throw both items away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maple Grove, Minnesota, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here on Saturday 09/29/12 and I was sitting in my room playing around on my laptop while listening to my 30gig Zune (Microsoft's version of ipod) this Zune was full of irreplacable pictures and videos of my grandson as well as many others and tons of songs. So I was listening with my ear buds and was playing on my laptop and got annoyed with the ear buds in my ears and decided to run to Walmart a few blocks away to but some speakers to plug into my Zune so I did not have to use my ear buds so I took the charging/synch cord out of my bag and plugged my Zune into my laptop and left for Walmart, when I returned shortly thereafter I walked into my room and headed straight for my Zune and discovered the my Zune and cord were gone!!!! I went straight to the front desk and she had the deer in the headlights look and was unwilling to help, I called the Montevideo Police department out and the had an officer come out to "inverstigate" but they did a shoddy job at best, failing to even find out the names of the cleaning staff on duty, horrible job!!... Some pre story and wrap up... On Saturday morning about 11 a.m. one of the cleaning staff ( a younger pleasant enough looking "blond" gal) knocked on my door, I thought it was strange since I had a "do not disturb" sign on my door but I went to door and informed her I did not want room service but would exchange my used towels for new ones, she walked right in even though I did not invite her in then I handed her my towels and she gave my 3 new ones from her cart, I went right back to listening to my Zune with my ear buds and continued to play on my laptop when I got annoyed with the ear buds and decided to leave for Walmart when I left the smae cleaning llady was in the hallway 3 doors down just standing by her cart and stared me down, enough to make me think it was wierd, yet I continued on my way, when I returned to my room a short time later I walked to my room and went straight to my Zune and discovered that my Zune and cord were stolen, not my nearly $2000 laptop, not my $300 pair of Oakleys with case and all, not my very expensive top of the line HD video camera or any other valuables for that matter, no sigh of forced entry and the room was not ransacked or even disturben in the least bit, the only thing missing was my small Zune and cord that can fit easily into her poket and smuggled out without detection. Here I sit 8pm on 10/1/12 and did not hear one peep from the management of the Hotel?!?!!?!?!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crossings by GrandStay Inn and Suites Montevideo? Share your experiences!