“Great Conference Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Minnetonka
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Great Conference Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Our Thursday-Friday visit for a board meeting, festival and gala was successful. The physical facility is perfect. The location in a large office park requires a car or taxi to explore the city and surroundings. The service is,with few exceptions, average; both banquet and bar service is excellent and enhances the overall experience. Food is average, frozen fish, same vegetables and desserts lunch and dinner; buffet breakfast both expensive and routine with no hostess or greeter to direct seating, explain any menu options or assure coffee, tea, water and juice orders are taken in a timely manner. The first morning we served ourselves at the buffet, were seated and taken first bites before even seeing a wait person or finding signage or written direction. The feeling was not a warm one. Further the reservations and order for a small special reception were lost causing the hosts great embarrassment. Lastly suggest use of Stacy's lovely, natural light lower dinning area. It was never opened.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Wicklow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in February.
Had pretty much all the conveniences a business traveller needed - wifi (charged @$10 a day), comfortable room, ironing, kettle etc.
I ate in the lobby restaurant a few times. Food was good.
Staff were friendly and helpful. The shuttle bus was very convenient to get to the mall and nearby restaurants as I didn't have a car. Scotty B the shuttle driver was very helpful.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel each Christmas visiting relatives for many years. This past Christmas we checked out and were driving home when it occurred to me I had not packed my iPad. Called the hotel from my car while driving home. Told them that we'd left the iPad right beside the bed on the floor. They later claimed to have "turned the room upside down" and didn't find it. There were very few guests in the hotel. Minimum staff. I did a search with Find My iPad. Got an address where the iPad was located not far from the hotel. I was told by security that it matched an address of one of the hotel's maids. She denied stealing the iPad but she was suspended by the hotel. Security in Corporate Offices in Virginia investigated and was quite sure, based on the evidence, that it was one the hotel's maids was responsible. I did a second search for iPad and it had been moved to another location not far from the first. I was told to contact their "claims office" in Texas. Was informed about the hotel innkeepers law which protects hotels from liability for theft. I am a lawyer and was aware of that law in most states. I have been a long time Marriott customer and own a Marriott condo in California. I was told that Marriott would give us a $100 gift certificate to be used at a Marriott property. I was insulted. The hotel knows that an employee stole a guest's property, suspended her and did absolutely nothing to compensate me. I suspect they ultimately did not terminate the employee. So I guessing this property continues to employ thieves who clean your rooms. I would never stay at this property again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Sir

I am the Director of Operaions and have been kept abreast of the investigation of your missing iPad, which is still in process. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about the final stages of the matter and address your suspicions. I will be in touch via email; thank you for your loyal business with Marriott.
Miltona, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We recently stayed at the Minneapolis Marriott Southwest for Valentines weekend and would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. What an excellent stay. The Valentines Dinner was excellent the best food, should be rated one of Minneapolis best Grilles or Diner!!!! The hotel staff was excellent treated us professionally and very friendly and they loved our puppy Diesel! We can not wait to come back! I can not say enough about the wonderful weekend had, Sandy you are the bestest! You are all great people!

The Zachers

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I am truly pleased to read that your stay with us was a special one. I have shared your comments with both the restaurant team and the kitchen team and they all were very excited about your feedback. Sandy and the team do a wonderful job taking care of our guests, even our four legged guests. When you are able to come back again please make sure you are able to bring Diesel for everyone to say hello to.
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here for a week on business travel during one of the coldest temperatures in my life close to -30C. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Great breakfast but could be more healthy options on their bar menu at "Stacey's". Room was recently updated and comfortable. Made use of the hotel shuttle bus which was very convenient with drivers very helpful.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
This has been a winter that most of us will remember for a long time. Thirty degrees below zero is for sure an extreme. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff and the breakfast, please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the team. We have recently made some changes to the dinner menu and have added some healthier food options; I hope you are coming back again soon to try them out.
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Minneapolis Marriott SW in Minnetonka MN is a Great place to stay. Superb friendly service from the top down. General Manager Ms. Garcia is genuinely interested in making sure that you have a wonderful stay. She is very hands on and truly appreciative of your business. The front desk and restaurant staff is very warm and friendly, and always make me feel like I'm at home when I'm there.
I strongly recommend staying there when you're in town. Very convenient to downtown yet in a much nicer setting.
Thank you!
Longtime Marriott Plat
Jorge Perez

Room Tip: Ask how much a room upgrade is when you check in. Well worth it for a corner deluxe room with jacuzz...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Mr. Jorge for the kind comments regarding the hotel and staff. We very much appreciate you choosing to stay with us each time you are in town.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed 2 days, over a weekend, friday and saturday. Good nights both of them, The only drawback is that there were big functions in the ball room both nights so the hotel was busy and the parking lot was packed and we had to fight for parking. The bed was comfy and the curtains great, was very quiet. The only other thing was the heating/air was making this whining whirling noise that was driving me bonkers..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I am glad to read that you had a great stay with us regardless of your parking situation. Please rest assured that I have shared your heating comment with our engineering team to ensure that no other guests have the same issue. I hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Southwest? Share your experiences!