“Enjoyed our 4 Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Minnetonka
“Enjoyed our 4 Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Here for 4 nights on a business trip. Originally given a standard room, which was pretty small. Since we were going to be there for 4 nights, we called the front desk and asked if there was a suite available. There was so we upgraded and paid only nominally more per night. It was well worth it. My biggest complaint is there is no microwave in the room. There was a fridge and a coffee pot, but that was it. Most of your higher end hotels offer a microwave.
My biggest beef with Marriott is the fact that NOTHING is included. We normally stay at Hilton's, and there is always at least a bottle of water in the room. If we wanted coffee in the morning--due to the fact that we hate hotel room coffee--we had to buy it. Again, most HIlton's at least offer free coffee in the lobby in the morning. Pretty minor stuff. Nice happy hour in the restaurant. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding our amenities. Feedback on ways to improve is always welcome. I am glad you were able to experience an upgraded room. The bar and restaurant team are delighted to hear you enjoyed the happy hour.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boca Raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

In traveling to Minneapolis, Minnesota, the final weekend of January, I stayed at the Minneapolis Marriott Southwest. The objective of this visit was auditory support at Starkey Laboratories working with Bill Austin to accommodate my severe/profound hearing loss. Needless to say, this trip was emotional in its endeavors, but staying at the Marriott made an upheaveled whirlwind of a visit much more secure, comfortable, and enjoyable. The staff were all very helpful and the shuttle accomodations were always on time with cordial, considerate drivers. Thus, the staff was outstanding and the facilities are gorgeous. The room was beautiful and one is supplied with all the amenities needed to make one's stay at the Minneapolis Marriott Southwest very pleasant. I would highly recommend this Marriott if Minneapolis is a destination of your upcoming travels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
I am extremely delighted to receive your communication stating how well the staff took care of you. Starkey is a wonderful organization that we are delighted to have in the same neighborhood as us. I look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel before and keep coming back. Though we experienced a few minor problems, the staff was very gracious, considerate, and helpful to us. The staff went to the fullest extent to make sure our stay was enjoyable. We stayed for four nights after Christmas 2012 and it was quiet, clean and wonderful. Many business people stay at this hotel but with the Christmas break, it was ideal for a quiet, comfortable stay. The location of this hotel makes it easily accessible to shopping malls, restaurants, and other activities in the west metro of Minneapolis. We will definitely return to this hotel for a future stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite with a King, 1 BR jacuzzi. The rate is very good and the view from th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments regarding how the staff took such great care of you. As I have mentioned in other post replies, one of my favorite job duties is to share inspiring comments like yours with the staff. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the incident you had experienced. I hope you will be staying with us again soon.
Saint George, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went to the Mall of America for the weekend and this hotel was a great location. Just a few exits away from the mall! The Hotel staff was very accommodating! After 10 hours of shopping each day it was nice to have the restaurant at the hotel, room service was great too, Marriott Burger is my favorite! The rooms are great. We had a party of 3 and with all of our purchases we had plenty of space. All of the One-way streets made it easier to get on the freeway. It was snowing while we were there and the hotel did a great job at keeping their parking lot clear.

Room Tip: Request a high floor. We had neighbors on both sides of our rooms and we never heard any noise. Th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Shopping at the Mall of America is truly a memorable experience. It sounds like your trip there was a successful one. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the hotel and restaurant. Your feedback was enjoyed by the entire team.
MIDDLEFIELD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The service people at the front desk were incredible. They helped to plan my local trips and gave me great directions to my destinations. The food at the hotel was good off the menu but the breakfast buffet was old and the eggs hardened. It was also pricey about 20 dollars for breakfast where so many hotels include it in the price.
The room was clean though the housekeepers were over zealous knocking on my door at 7:30 am, to clean the room. Though I had a late check out they came to my door four times before I finally just let them in to clean the room while I was still using it . This rushed me out of the room before I was actually ready so I never did use the late check out time.
The location of this hotel is a bit tough to find as it is on Opus Circle an obscure left turn which is one way. The roads to the highways are different all in circles which are color coded and all one way. You get better at driving there the more you do it. It is about 13 miles from the airport, give yourself plenty of time there is alot of road work going on.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are the best rooms. Dont get the breakfast buffet order off the menu
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that the desk staff took great care of you while visiting the area. Please accept my apologies for the incidences regarding housekeeping and your breakfast. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department leaders.
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I traveled to the Marriott Southwest last weekend where our friends were getting married. The ceremony and reception were also at the Marriott which was helpful so we pretty much spent the entire weekend at the hotel.

On Friday we flew in mid-morning and the front desk was able to get us in early without a problem. The room was very nice, we were sharing a room with another couple so the room had 2 double beds. The room featured a large TV with HD service, coffee maker, a mini-fridge. The furniture was modern and every corner of the room was super clean. WI-FI is NOT free which was ok with us since we didn't need it but if you were a business traveler that could be a problem.

Since we were early and most of our friends had not arrived yet, we went down to the lobby bar. The lobby area is pretty big with a long bar, table setting for the bar/restaurant, and a breakfast area. I had a couple of beers and my wife had an appetizer which was pretty good.

The food at the wedding reception was also very good, the staff was really helpful and courteous.

One review did mention an odd location which we didn't notice because we spent 95% of our time at the hotel however had we been there for any other function that may have been a small issue.

Overall it was a very clean and modern, full-service Marriott which I would recommended to anyone staying in the Minnetonka area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am glad to read that the wedding you attended was a success. I will ensure that I share your comments regarding the food with the chef. I am sure he will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food while staying here and attending the event.
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family and I stayed recently at this hotel after I had stayed there nearly 10 years ago. The hotel’s facilities and service has improved markedly and if you need an excellent business hotel - this Marriott should serve your needs.

We were able to secure an upgrade to one of the corner 1 bedroom suites whose expansive windows allowed us a beautiful view of downtown Minneapolis and most of the southwest suburbs. If you are able to get an upgrade to a Concierge level, you can have access to the Concierge Lounge on the 17th floor which has finger food and beverages (alcoholic for a nominal cost). The rooms are relatively standard Marriott hotel rooms.

We ate a couple nights at the hotel restaurant and while the food is not spectacular, the standard hotel American options were more than fine if you don’t have time to trek to a non-hotel restaurant. As this hotel is located in a corporate park, there are absolutely no restaurants or bars in walking distance. The nearest such places are close to 10 minutes away by car.

As for recreation, the gym had all the basic cardio and workout equipment and there never seemed to be a crowd in the morning or evening. While the swimming pool is indoor, the water was definitely a little bit on the cooler side and with outdoor temperatures in the 50’s or so, the pool water was not really inviting. Rather we skipped it and went straight to the whirlpool. There is also a nice walking / jogging trail from the hotel which provides a walk through parts of the corporate park.

Because we were staying with two young children we periodically needed some special assistance (i.e. extra bedding for sofa bed, forgotten toys at the restaurant, 24-hr pharmacy, etc.) and I was very pleasantly surprised to see the staff helping us promptly and with a smile. The staff appeared engaged and very willing to help. My wife needed some assistance at the business center and someone very quickly helped her as well.

Other reviews have noted that this hotel’s location in a large corporate park does have a labyrinthine systems of streets. And while driving on them may appear disorienting, the way to the hotel and from the hotel to the highway is all one-way, so it would be difficult to get lost. Just simply follow the one-way streets and follow signs for the Marriott or Highway 169 and you’ll be just fine.

I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Scott J, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott Southwest, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for the kind words regarding the staff assisting you during your stay. The team will be thrilled to know you enjoyed your visit with us.

Been to Minneapolis Marriott Southwest? Share your experiences!