“A nice retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Attractions in Minnetonka
20 attraction reviews
“A nice retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was here for services at the spa and was very impressed with the attention to detail and level of service. The staff really want you to enjoy your time here.

Visited February 2012

Minnetonka, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
“Peaceful, Healthful and Healthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We've been members for years. The tone is relaxing, the food healthy and delicious, and the setting can't be beat. If you live close by, consider becoming a member. The Marsh restaurant is open to non-members and well worth a visit.

Visited March 2012
21 attraction reviews
“Spa at the Marsh....I loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This was my first time at the Spa at the Marsh. I had a facial and eye brow wax. Wow is all I can say. This was the best facial I have ever had. I will be back and have already scheduled my appointment for this month. My esthetician was very professional. i was going to have a microdermabrasion but she said my skin is not good for this. In my prior experience elsewhere they would have willingly done this anyway just to charge more. I was impressed with the knowledge of my girl as she took the time to recommend certain products for my skin type but was not pushy. She gave me samples to try when I left. I really like this place. After my facial, i was able to use the workout facility on site. it was fantastic!

Visited January 2012
5 attraction reviews
“Stay Away If You're Male”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Here's the thing: The Marsh is designed to appeal to women -- actually, a certain kind of woman over the age of 50 -- and conversely, the staff do not treat men as if they belong in the building. They may not do this intentionally but I've been there more than a dozen times and it has a hostile feel to me. I kept coming back because I enrolled in a class and although I found a few (female) friends to talk to, most of the women there kept staring at me as if I had dropped down from Mars. They, of course, were from Venus. The massages given there are OK but not as good as they could/should be. Plus, the spa services are expensive. I would advise men to find a different place to attend classes and receive treatments. Otherwise, you will end up feeling like an intruder. One more thing: the pretentiousness of the place is something I've actually heard women complain about. The staff imagines that they are saving the world "one poor soul at a time," and it shows in the way they answer the phone, deal with customers face to face and then in the expense for the services. If The Marsh went out of business, it would be missed by some who go there to rehab certain injuries in the warm pool, etc. But there are many other places to exercise and revitalize without the pretense. Find them -- especially if you happen to be a man.

Visited November 2011
Falcon Heights, Minnesota
“The Marsh - Visit in May 2010”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Had a fantastic afternoon yesterday with my daughter at The Marsh spa. We had a massage, facial, pedicure, and manicure. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and caring, and I had one of the best massages ever. We did not use the gym or sauna or hot tub because of time constraints on our part, but the offer was made so I'm sure they were available. (I did not see signs of renovation where we were.) While waiting for my daughter to have her facial, I sat in a comfy lounge chair on the deck overlooking nature preserve (marsh) in the back and actually fell asleep. It was a wonderful afternoon! Can't wait to go back! (As mentioned, we saw no signs of renovation, but we were only in the spa area. If you are planning a trip soon, just ask.)