“Stay Away If You're Male” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 6 Attractions in Minnetonka
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
“Stay Away If You're Male”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Here's the thing: The Marsh is designed to appeal to women -- actually, a certain kind of woman over the age of 50 -- and conversely, the staff do not treat men as if they belong in the building. They may not do this intentionally but I've been there more than a dozen times and it has a hostile feel to me. I kept coming back because I enrolled in a class and although I found a few (female) friends to talk to, most of the women there kept staring at me as if I had dropped down from Mars. They, of course, were from Venus. The massages given there are OK but not as good as they could/should be. Plus, the spa services are expensive. I would advise men to find a different place to attend classes and receive treatments. Otherwise, you will end up feeling like an intruder. One more thing: the pretentiousness of the place is something I've actually heard women complain about. The staff imagines that they are saving the world "one poor soul at a time," and it shows in the way they answer the phone, deal with customers face to face and then in the expense for the services. If The Marsh went out of business, it would be missed by some who go there to rehab certain injuries in the warm pool, etc. But there are many other places to exercise and revitalize without the pretense. Find them -- especially if you happen to be a man.

Visited November 2011

Falcon Heights, Minnesota
“The Marsh - Visit in May 2010”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Had a fantastic afternoon yesterday with my daughter at The Marsh spa. We had a massage, facial, pedicure, and manicure. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and caring, and I had one of the best massages ever. We did not use the gym or sauna or hot tub because of time constraints on our part, but the offer was made so I'm sure they were available. (I did not see signs of renovation where we were.) While waiting for my daughter to have her facial, I sat in a comfy lounge chair on the deck overlooking nature preserve (marsh) in the back and actually fell asleep. It was a wonderful afternoon! Can't wait to go back! (As mentioned, we saw no signs of renovation, but we were only in the spa area. If you are planning a trip soon, just ask.)

Minnesota
“Not what i expected”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

I thought we were going to the best spa in Minnesota, but unknkowingly, they were in a renovation phase. Services that were promised were not available. We did not find it to be a good value for the money. I was taking my daughter for a present, and it turned out to be a very big disappointment. They were renovating, but should have told us that. When we checked in, they told us that hot tub and sauna were available, but that was a lie, as both were not available. Their web site does not identifyt the renovation, and the front desk does not honestly tell incoming guests that the spa is not operational. This is a scam operation in its current capacity.