“Very nice place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Minnetonka
Minnesota
“Very nice place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here one night for a quick New Years Eve getaway. We wanted a nice place for swimming. The pool was a nice size, but a little cool. There was also a nice sized hot tub, but that was a little too hot! The bathroom right by the pool had standing water in it throughout our stay. It looked like the floor was not slanted toward the drain. Also it looked like the garbage bin in that bathroom was not emptied from the time we arrived in the early afternoon and went swimming until we left the pool mid morning the next day. Other than that the hotel room was very clean, and the bed and pillows were nice. The breakfast was good, but not great. What you would expect for a free breakfast. The hotel met our needs for a short stay to go swimming.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback was shared with the entire staff in order to keep improving customer satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit to Minnetonka.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

It has just about everything that I hold in high esteem. It is clean, comfortable and quiet and the people that work here always seem pleasant enough. Some of the rooms are very large suites and that is what I had this trip. There is an indoor pool and workout area (very limited with only two treadmills and an ellipitical machine and a small universal weight machine) I like to have access to a stationary bike and they don't have one. All in all the breakfast is good with hot items and cold items. Only thing that I would say is that the location is a bit bare since it is located adjacent to an office park so not a lot of variety of restaurants in the immediate vicinity (Jimmy's is pretty good right across the parking lot) and there is also a Jimmy John's right across the street as well. Overall it is a nice property and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad you enjoed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit to Minnetonka.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I ALMOST gave this place a five star. I'm very picky and very hard to please, so I have to be wowed by perfection to give a hotel a five star rating. The only things which stopped me were the somewhat dirty carpets in the breakfast area and the lack of seating in the breakfast area. That's it. Everything else was absolutely wonderful.
*comfy beds
*lots of room in the bathroom to set your stuff
*soft, fluffy towels instead of the usual scratchy ones
*two elevators instead of one
* nice business facility
*nice pool area (kids said the water wasn't too cold)
*clean room
*quiet, even on a weekend when they were at capacity
*safe neighborhood (basically sits among office buildings)
*good deal on last minute reservation ($74/night)
*recently remodeled and nicely decorated

The front desk staff was stellar. They allowed us to check in early. When my young son accidentally ordered a pay-per-view movie, they took it off our bill after we explained the situation. They greeted us with a smile when we walked in the door. They were professional, speedy and courteous. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I shared your comments with the staff and they were very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay here. We look forward to your next visit here.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Typical Holiday Inn Express. Easy to get to, clean, comfortable, hot shower. Well stocked bathroom with nice towels. Breakfast is typical (not fresh prepared, but plenty of options including several hot items). 32 inch LCD TV with HD programming. Good hi speed wi fi. There is a good, if pricey restaurant next door (15% discount from the Hotel makes it somewhat more reasonable, but still expensive), plus a sub shop and a coffee place if you need expensive coffee in the morning (I do). Great Place for a business stay. Pillows are terrible however - they offer both "soft" and "firm" pillows - which are both lumpy and uncomfortable - definite downer. If they had decent pillows it would of gotten them an above average rating

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay here. We are always looking to improve our service and product and value guest feedback. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed on a Friday night and it seemed quiet that night. We were checked in by cashier #102, a very friendly and polite male. (He should get a raise for his courtesy.) We hadn't eaten supper yet and we received a coupon for being a Priority Club member to the restaurant which is across the street. We decided not to eat there as there was a Jimmy Johns next to that and we weren't hungry for a full meal. These seem to be the only eating places within walking distance from this hotel. That's why I didn't give it 5 stars. We had a 2 queen bed suite on the top floor. Our room was clean and good size and had a microwave and mini fridge. We were the only ones at 8pm in the pool which was great! The hot tub was a HOT temp and the girls said the pool was a COOL temp so if you went in the hottub first and then the pool to cool off it was great. They had a nice excercise room but we didn't use it. The breakfast buffet was one of the best with pancakes, caramel rolls, scrambled eggs, cereals, biscuits and gravy, coffee and juices. I think there was yogurt too. I'm curious if outsiders off the street come have the breakfast because there seemed to be several more people at the hotel that morning than in the evening and it's in a quiet, secluded area which is very relaxing away from the hustle and bustle of the city. But I think during the week it could be a very busy business district. I will agree that the breakfast hostess that Saturday looked quite crabby. Some people just look that way. She seemed to be filling things as they emptied. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the area. This is a nonsmoking hotel which doesn't allow pets which is absolutely wonderful for people with allergies. However when we left our room we could definitely smell someone had been smoking.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise as they don't have rooms above them where you here the pitter patt...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments and observations your shared about your stay here. I shared your feedback with the entire staff and they enjoyed your feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us here!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here for one night. The staff was friendly and the room and common areas were clean. The breakfast was good and the staff kept up with it pretty well since it was busy. The breakfast area could have had a bit more seating and it would have been better if it was a little more separated from the lobby. They do have a swimming pool and hot tub, but I did not use either. The room was nice, but the mattress on the bed could have been more comfortable. Overall it was good and was very easy access being right off the highway and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid a room across from the ice machine because it's a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and we are always looking for ways to improve our service and the overall quality of the guest experience. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Shelton, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in August. Upon arriving, it was noticeable that the building is a little older but kept in good condition. We were checked in with the most pleasant and helpful male front desk staff member. Found a clean, decently sized room, with comfortable beds. Unfortunately that's the end of the positive comments I can give this place. The first thing I noticed were the little kids running around the hallways. Apparently this is more of a family hotel seeing the Mall of America is not too far away. The first morning we decided to try the continental breakfast which was a huge mistake. The area of the breakfast is unlike any HIE I have ever stayed in. It was such a small area with very limited food choices. Everyone was bumping into each other trying to get to the food like it was their last meal. What really aggravated me about this breakfast was the employee or I should say employees taking care of the area. There were so many people trying to get food that the food kept running out and unfortunately was not getting replaced fast enough. I don't know if the hotel just didn't have enough food in stock or the employees were too slow with their job. One last thing I must say about the breakfast. While waiting to make the pancakes (which of course the machine was empty), the female breakfast employee came over to me and pointed to a pancake sitting on a plate on the counter next to the machine that was obviously made by someone else. She stated "you can have this one also." I told her "Im not eating that, that has been sitting there forever." She told me "its only been sitting there 5 minutes." After being taken aback by her saying that, I told her no!!! I couldn't believe this employee wanted me to eat the pancake that was made by someone else that was sitting there for awhile. I understand we shouldn't waste food but this comes down to a health standpoint. Usually I wouldn't write much about disliking a breakfast but the 1 bad customer service incident will have me looking for a different hotel next time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
HIEXMSPMK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience and identifying the probelms you experiences. I am sharing the comments with the entire staff to help eliminate any future probelms. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis-Minnetonka? Share your experiences!