“Great location.Staff was awesome.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Boone, Iowa, United States
“Great location.Staff was awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the hotel due to being close to Target Field. We were in town for a baseball game and made the right choice in this hotel. We had a room on the 18th floor with great views of the city. The room was very nice and clean. Staff at the front desk was always extra friendly. We stayed 3 days and everytime we passed the front desk we always got a hello and a smile. The people at the lounge were equally friendly. We went green so didn't have housekeeping during our stay but we did call the front desk for more K-cups several times and someone always showed up within 10 minutes with a hand full of K-cups and sugar packets. The main restaurant was closed for remodeling while we were there but the lounge had a good menu selection. No complaints from me-we will be back.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A recent stay at the Hotel Ivy was far less than anyone should expect at a 5-star hotel. Of the 6 nights I was at the hotel, I had to ask for housekeeping services at 3pm in the afternoon on 3 of the days...50% of my stay. After the 2nd time, I asked to have the manager call me as there must be some issue the hotel simply can't solve. The manager was obviously too busy to follow up with a guest as I received no call or voicemail. After the 3rd missed housekeeping I specifically asked not to be contacted but then a manager called and emailed only to say "we are sorry we have disappointed you". How about solving the problem after the 1st day of missed housekeeping. It's clear the housekeeping management and perhaps the overall hotel management could not solve the problem with housekeeping for my room; this is a basic service for any hotel and this is a 5-star property. What was more irritating is that when the manager did contact me (recall I asked NOT to be contacted after the 3rd missed housekeeping) it was when I had a "do not disturb" notice on my room. What was the hotel thinking the "do not disturb" notice meant? I was awaken by the phone and someone at my door. Truly rude!

Less than attentive management, very inconsistent housekeeping and a management team that seems is incapable of delivering the basic services. My stay was when parts of the hotel were being renovated meaning the hotel was not fully occupied. Stars should be falling off the wall at this hotel. I have stayed at many Starwood hotels and resorts worldwide and really scratch my head as to my it remains in the Luxury Collection brand of Starwood. A risk to Starwood's brand in my opinion.

Room Tip: Rooms are small (this is a relatively new hotel) and very oddly furnished. There are only 2 drawers...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
SoCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently spent a lovely weekend at the Hotel Ivy. The location is excellent, within easy walking distance of Nicollet Mall, Orchestra Hall, the Walker, and Target Field. The staff is friendly and efficient (only, tiny, glitch was the front desk clerk who said she'd have extra coffee/k-cups delivered to the room and didn't.) We got an upgrade to a Jr. Suite on the top floor. The room was not huge, but very adequate and nicely furnished. The view was great and the bed was super comfy. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for four nights during a work convention at the convention center. The weather was rainy so it was very convenient that it was connected to the convention center (and the rest of the downtown area) via the skywalk system. A great stay, the only annoying thing was there was no ice machines on the floors you had to call and request ice to be delivered - which then warrants a tip, not a big deal and I would likely stay again due to the location attached to the convention center.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When we got to the room rather than a junior suite as described by Hotels.com we wound up in what is a bedroom attached to another room. The hotel manager told me they need to re-examine their description of their rooms realizing the room is not a junior suite. The room had a sitting area that apparently qualified the room as a junior suite however the sitting area was hidden behind a concrete pillar that was more like a prison room with out any windows and a single divan looking at the concrete pillar and unable to see my wife watching television. While the pictures of the bathroom shows well as an upscale bathroom look carefully at the pictures online and notice the shower has no ledge for soap or shampoo and is too shallow and small to accommodate even my petite wife. My advice to any traveler considering this supposed upscale hotel is think twice. This isn't even close to an upscale hotel and really should only be rated at 3 stars if that much. I realize there are many reviews that have pegged this hotel as 4 plus or 5, believe me this isn't that hotel. Now on the other hand if you get a deal online for $169 maybe, just maybe it would be a value. However if you want hotel with a true restaurant or gift shop don't come here. We're still in the hotel and have a wedding to attend today. If we didn't have a wedding to attend I would have departed but due to scheduled events couldn't make a change of hotels. Our bill for 2 nights through Hotels.com was over $800. Not the sort of value one would expect for this sort of hotel rating found online.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Please be aware they are under renovations
Good luck getting a good nights sleep and you won't get to sleep in
Never again
SPG should let you know before you book about hotel up to date details
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had an amazing time at the spa... Got there early, so there were no people in sauna, steam room, or jacuzzi... Very private experience, I highly recommend going in @ 6am. My massage was phenomenal; really enjoyed the staff, customer service/attention, my masseuse had magical hands.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!